Bathroom ceiling with Wagner

Pocster

Ceilings being skimmed this week .

I wanted to finally unwrap the Wagner to spray them . I did want to use moisture resistant bathroom paint for the ceilings . Any suggestions on a brand ? . Also I know I need to dilute for the initial few passes to seal the plaster . That not a problem with “bathroom” paint as opposed to standard emulsion  ?

A747EB44-9928-4241-BF4A-D4C6D3DE8417.jpeg

On 26/05/2020 at 10:06, pocster said:

Any suggestions on a brand ?

Zinsser 123 Primer Sealer then Zinsser Perma-White Interior Mould Resistant Paint. No idea if you can spray it. If not use it anyway on a roller.

We had bunch of issues with other paint on the ceiling above our shower. Then someone here recommend Zinsser and it's been fine since. The ceiling actually drips with water sometimes. 

Edited by Temp
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Temp said:

Zinsser 123 Primer Sealer then Zinsser Perma-White Interior Mould Resistant Paint. No idea if you can spray it. If not use it anyway on a roller.

We had bunch of issues with other paint on the ceiling above our shower. Then someone here recommend Zinsser and it's been fine since. The ceiling actually drips with water sometimes. 

My ceilings usually drip with blood !

I was more concerned about ‘bathroom paint ‘ I.e mould / damp resistant going through the sprayer as opposed to normal emulation .

Google found a video of someone spraying Zinsser 123 on railings but only limited info in the description, none in the video. Elsewhere they say clean the sprayer with meths but some reports say it's difficult to clean up?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, pocster said:

My ceilings usually drip with blood !

I was more concerned about ‘bathroom paint ‘ I.e mould / damp resistant going through the sprayer as opposed to normal emulation .

Think only one way to find out. 

• Like 1

On 26/05/2020 at 10:06, pocster said:

Ceilings being skimmed this week .

I wanted to finally unwrap the Wagner to spray them . I did want to use moisture resistant bathroom paint for the ceilings . Any suggestions on a brand ? . Also I know I need to dilute for the initial few passes to seal the plaster . That not a problem with “bathroom” paint as opposed to standard emulsion  ?

A747EB44-9928-4241-BF4A-D4C6D3DE8417.jpeg

'airless like your avatar.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, pocster said:

That not a problem with “bathroom” paint as opposed to standard emulsion  ?

I'd say that will be a helluva problem. Personally: don't without a test. I would spray the first coats then roller, unless you are in boy with toy mode.

Read the megathread though.

The paints I have sprayed OK: Leyland Trade, Armstead (sp?), Valspar.

Who's the ugly chap in the photo?

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1