ICF Builder in Scotland?

As @eandg Said Econekt are in Clydebank. 

I did talk to the MD  recently (Frazer) who turns out lives a mile from me. Seemed knowledgeable, but I have no more experience of them than that. 

I did get a price for an insulated raft foundation using the izodom system (they are the exclusive UK partner I believe) and they were flexible about whether they would supply only or do the full job.

I'm going to get him by once this phase 1 of lockdown is introduced for a site walk around, although as mentioned above they seemed expensive. They are currently completing a job with AC architects  who aren't the cheapest. 

Edited by SuperJohnG

the old saying!!

"the quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten"

I have had a few talks with frazer and   If i go poly type ICF ,then izodom is top of my list 

the only way you will know  real pricing is to send your plans to your favoured possible suppliers and get a real quotes for supply only to site  or supply +build 

don,t forget to ask about the bracing --is is it included or extra

just getting a price pr sq m could be misleading 

• 2 months later...

I used Durisol myself. Although they are heavy there is nothing complicated about the system and a decent builder should be able to throw them up. 

I had quotes from Durisol, Econeckts, Nudura and a few others but went off the idea of the poly blocks due to me imagining difficulties with attaching fixings into them. 

2 hours ago, Pm1987 said:

Although they are heavy

I,ve got a couple here and they are lighter than std concrete blocks 

i,m an OAP and can lift them one handed

heavy is not something i would call them ,neither are Isotex .

the big advantage to my mind is you need minimal bracing compared to poly block system 

Edited by scottishjohn

Durisol told me I didn’t require bracing for anything under 2.5m pours. The concrete pump company told me to brace everywhere and wasn’t convinced I wasn’t going to have burst everywhere when they arrived to do each pour as I had done a bit of a happy medium as didn’t know who to listen to. 

In the end I had no burst and only two blocks slightly move during the pour. The concrete pump company who do loads of ICF pours say it’s the first they hadn’t seen any burst so maybe durisol was right all along.  In total I had around 8 pours done. 

The first half dozen blocks don’t weigh much at the lower courses but wait till your at the top of the first floor gable end and you’ll feel the weight of them. This is especially true when they have been sat in the wet for a few months. 

Edited by Pm1987

5 minutes ago, Pm1987 said:

when they have been sat in the wet for a few months. 

fancy not covering them up -good job it wasn,t winter cos if they froze -you could have had real problems as the water expands when ice 

that was one of the tests i did  on these blocks i have

-to see how much water they can hold and yes they hold a lot --but totally dry out in a day or so 

19 minutes ago, Pm1987 said:

In the end I had no burst and only two blocks slightly move during the pour.

One thing that occurred to me after watching the Durisol, Isotex and Velox videos was that if you were worried about blocks moving, a couple of quick dabs of low-expanding foam in the middle of each block (to stop blebs on the outside) could significantly improve the strength of the stack before pouring. Shouldn't add a lot to put-up time either if everyone carries a can on their belt.

11 minutes ago, Reiver said:

One thing that occurred to me after watching the Durisol, Isotex and Velox videos was that if you were worried about blocks moving, a couple of quick dabs of low-expanding foam in the middle of each block (to stop blebs on the outside) could significantly improve the strength of the stack before pouring. Shouldn't add a lot to put-up time either if everyone carries a can on their belt.

when i finally get there --that was my idea as well -and then just brace any dodgy part blocks and corners/ door /window opening with bits of osb/ply screwed to the blocks