cladding on Single block wall with EWI

Had this in wrong section so moved it.

Single block wall with 150mm external pir insulation and cladding

I need to clad exterior walls as part of planning stipulation. Has anyone any experience / knowledge of how to fix cladding battens through insulation in to wall?

See attached quick sketch... I was thinking possibly using a standard exterior wall insulation fixing but replacing the plugs internal nail with a long screw that would pass through the batten and insulation plug in to the wall  but the standard plugs only seem to be 8mm dia so screw would be about 4mm dia. ...not very strong! or alternative is helical bar fixing...

Any wisdom out there?

external insulation.pdf

I assume the EWI people could not point you in the right direction?  Because your cladding is 200mm from the wall and the wall is soft block you may need to have an independent framework built off the ground retained to the wall with some long fixings.  Will be expensive.

You could always use Metsec framing 

It’s structural So needs very little fixing 

I’ve cladded it with timber cement board finished panels

you can put what ever thickness of insulation behind it 

The metsec system creates a problem with wall thickness as needs cross batten as well as  large thermal bridging on mountings. might aswell just use less insulation if I was to create a large thermal bridge.

EWI companies say you can just batten fix through insulation..but non state max insulation thickness which is obviously becomes an issue the thicker you get.