Thermostat for Electric UFH: recommendations please

The title says most of it ....

Is there any point in getting a smart (whatever that meansthermostat for something as humble as electric UFH?

I've got a fused spur time switch - I'm not getting up extra early to make sure that Twinkle Toes has warm feet. ?

I'd say 'no' to that.

I'm going pretty far with smart home nonsense (or at least, future proofing wiring ready to do so) and the most I'd want for the UFH spurs is a contactor to allow me to automate shutting them off when the house is empty, which also doubles as everything I'd need to automate timing or weather based usage or whatever.

Nice thing is the contactor goes at the CU and can be a retrofit when actually needed. The less electronics - smart or otherwise - in the wet area the better.

On 21/05/2020 at 15:44, AnonymousBosch said:

Interesting. Never heard of one of those until now. This what you mean?

Yes, basically a big relay. Allows a smart home system to control heavy loads. Same for towel radiator control.

Fairly easy to drive it with a basic timer switch or something smarter as desired.

And you can get them with a manual override switch so still usable when the smart controller inevitably crashes... ?