Plasterboarding joins.

Hi.

Does anyone know - ie from the pov of a plasterer- of any issue with plastering onto taper-edge boards on a ceiling? or, could I not just taper-edge-fill & then its plastered?

Reason is: I cannot source 12.5mm straight-edge Soundblock boards (current situation etc).. only taper-edge, so no choice/ have to put on ceiling now.

Thanks. zoot

Edited by zoothorn

42 minutes ago, Miller3857 said:

Absolutely no issues with plastering tapered edge boards, I have recently done the same for the same reasons as you = short supply! My Plasterer had no concerns whatsoever!

I’ve just taped this one this morning  Some of these boards are square edge due to supply 

The-other 42 Units have been skimmed 

image.jpg

1 minute ago, nod said:

I’ve just taped this one this morning  Some of these boards are square edge due to supply 

The-other 42 Units have been skimmed 

image.jpg

Good job! (ok nod when it comes to taping/ filling my wall boards, I'm gonna be asking a few Q's your way).

Good news I can get plasterer to do TE boards then.. don't need to worry & get the damn things up now.

Actually thinking on it.. why can't I just tape/ fill & no need for any plastering, like you here then?? I was just under the impression for B.Regs all ceilings had to be plastered, only walls could be taped/ filled. Not neccessarily so then?

52 minutes ago, Miller3857 said:

Absolutely no issues with plastering tapered edge boards, I have recently done the same for the same reasons as you = short supply! My Plasterer had no concerns whatsoever!

That's great- a relief I can progress/ cross this bridge later then (if needed at all now it seems). thanks

1 minute ago, zoothorn said:

Actually thinking on it.. why can't I just tape/ fill & no need for any plastering, like you here then?? I was just under the impression for B.Regs all ceilings had to be plastered, only walls could be taped/ filled. Not neccessarily so then?

You may need it for fire reasons - continue with getting the ceiling skimmed.

4 minutes ago, PeterW said:

You may need it for fire reasons - continue with getting the ceiling skimmed.

Good point. Ok so long as I can go ahead & get the pB up.. I can cross this bridghe later.

I'm just suddenly landed with my delivery (including xyz for the cabin job).. not end of next week, but tmrw!! (good tho- but panic on!)

2 minutes ago, nod said:

If it’s for fire taping fine Most of the fire protection we do is taped and jointed 

Ok this sounds good.. I might just need plasterer in to do my ceiling upstairs only. £saves me.. as surely just 1/2 a day labour to skim it, in these current times, isn't gonna be sniffed at by a plasterer.

2 minutes ago, zoothorn said:

Good point. Ok so long as I can go ahead & get the pB up.. I can cross this bridghe later.

I'm just suddenly landed with my delivery (including xyz for the cabin job).. not end of next week, but tmrw!! (good tho- but panic on!)

Yep push on

If you can’t get it skimmed Get it taped 

1 minute ago, nod said:

Yep push on

If you can’t get it skimmed Get it taped 

Exactly- actually it'll be me taping/ filling as only a workshop not perfect is fine for me in here.. if BCO agrees that is.

thanks chaps- thread all but over then. miraculously on page1!