Getting annoyed with flooring manufacturer

We have a 22mm engineered hardwax oil oak flooring product on the ground floor, it was put in about 3 years ago and is now needs some isolated light repairs where grit or furniture has left little marks. The flooring has a saw finish which was originally chosen to limit the visibility of marks and I think that has worked well.

I emailed the manufacturer to ask for help and advice on how to restore these bits, I was told to buy their cleaning are kit (I already use that) so I went on to ask which finish was on the floor, I know it is not gloss but I am unsure if it is satin, satin matt, matt, semi-matt.

They email me back and suggest I speak to my supplier, they are closed due to Corona, why the hell won't he just say what I need. They even sell the damn stuff on their site so this behaviour is verging on simply being difficult for the sake of being difficult. 

Anyone good with hardwax oil finishes and floor repairs?

Could it be that the manufacturer does not know exactly which of their many products with different finishes that you have?  Which is why they suggest you talk to the supplier who should have a record of exactly what you bought?

40 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Could it be that the manufacturer does not know exactly which of their many products with different finishes that you have?  Which is why they suggest you talk to the supplier who should have a record of exactly what you bought?

I don't think so, we ordered an off the shelf product, if that was the case then I'd have hoped he would have explained this rather than just appearing difficult.

I can buy from eBay Osmo or Fiddes tins as small as 250ml, tempted to get what I think it is and have a go, that way I am only spending £15 rather than potentially £100 or so on the wrong oil.

• Like 1