New trees near foul runs/IC

LA3222

Neighbour has messaged me about wanting to plant a load of new trees in the middle of shared driveway on part owned by them. This happens to be slap bang next to where my newly laid foul run goes through and within a couple of metres of my new IC.

Am I being unreasonable in being concerned about potential damage caused by roots years down the line? The IC is a standard plastic jobby, fit for purpose but tree resistant? so I am concerned that a big old tree with hefty roots is not the best thing to be sticking next to it?

Just after a sanity check.

TIA

Edited by LA3222

The houses in our cul de sac are about 16 years old. The boundary between next door and his neighbour has been planted with mixed hedging plants. Our shared drains run underneath these and an access man hole is bang in the middle of the hedge. I know the original neighbour next door but one planted specifically to hide the eyesore man hole cover. Every year for the last three years the drains have backed up due to blockages caused by the roots finding a way in. Drain man just shakes his head but he likes the regular income.