Not all councils have adopted CIL? Anything else to be aware of?

Hey everyone, was just filling out CIL forms, but when I checked out our local authority's website, it appears they haven't adopted CIL.

Is there anything else I need to be aware of, like noticing the council when I start work?

You should not start until you have satisfied all pre commencement planning conditions.  Ours confirmed in writing when they were satisfied.  then you have to notify them when you start the development.

3 hours ago, Herbie said:

Hey everyone, was just filling out CIL forms, but when I checked out our local authority's website, it appears they haven't adopted CIL.

Is there anything else I need to be aware of, like noticing the council when I start work?

Is the CIL mentioned in your Planning Permission? Check that first.

If you haven't got planning permission yet then they can sometimes insist you make a so called S106 Agreement to pay £ as an alternative or in addition to the CIL.

22 minutes ago, Temp said:

Is the CIL mentioned in your Planning Permission? Check that first.

If you haven't got planning permission yet then they can sometimes insist you make a so called S106 Agreement to pay £ as an alternative or in addition to the CIL.

Hi Temp, yes we have full planning with 9 conditions (parking, where the gate must be for the drive due to visibility down the road, biodiversity which is just a couple of bird and bat boxes and others like building regs, must start within 3 years and must be built according to the plans we submitted).

Surprisingly, we didn't need to send off samples or get materials approved. They don't appear to fall under our conditions.

You don't need to notify them of starting.  If you make any changes and decide to go back in for a revised permission during the build, check that they haven't introduced the CIL in the meantime, and check that you won't be caught out second time round (this won't be a problem if you go back with a non-material amendment or to vary the conditions).  I expect that the few remaining councils not applying it will be doing it very quickly to plug some gaps in their finances!

• Like 1

We are building in North Norfolk and discovered they have not implimented CIL, it is no wonder that there are massive amount of new properties being built in the area by large building companies, not sure where everyone is going to work as employment is already struggling in North Norfolk.

15 hours ago, colin7777 said:

We are building in North Norfolk and discovered they have not implimented CIL, it is no wonder that there are massive amount of new properties being built in the area by large building companies, not sure where everyone is going to work as employment is already struggling in North Norfolk.

Didn't know that. My build is literally on the border of N Norfolk and Broadland (who does have CIL) but falls a few meters into Broadland.

• 1 month later...