Carpenter/ Joiner in Wiltshire , Bath - Warminster area . Any recommandations .

Patrick

I thought i already found a great team to do my timber frame but turns out company went bankrupt a few months ago, so nothing .

Have a fe local guys on my list but none of them come through recommandation, all just by googling.

I am building a stick build timber portal frame and am looking for a team of Carpenters.

Thought i give my fellow Buidhubbers a shout if they have anybody on their List of highly qualified, low paid people. ?

Please send a PM if you know anybody .

2 hours ago, Patrick said:

I thought i already found a great team to do my timber frame but turns out company went bankrupt a few months ago, so nothing .

Have a fe local guys on my list but none of them come through recommandation, all just by googling.

I am building a stick build timber portal frame and am looking for a team of Carpenters.

Thought i give my fellow Buidhubbers a shout if they have anybody on their List of highly qualified, low paid people. ?

Please send a PM if you know anybody .

You may have to settle for qualified 

• Like 1

@Patrick I'll PM you the details of a carpenter who's not too far from you. He's worked on and off on our build, he's hard working and his workmanship is good and I'd thoroughly recommend him, but:

On 15/05/2020 at 10:50, Patrick said:

team of Carpenters

No. He's a one man band but can probably get hold of others.

highly qualified

low paid people

/ I guess it depends how you define that. He earns a living.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
5 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Since I’ve now been to your site Patrick I think I would get a factory made kit, in 3m by 2.4m panels and carry them in and erect on site. 

4 lads carrying it in, and 2 erecting will have it up in 10 days. 

Thats more or less what i m getting. I m getting 3.5m long sections out of I-Beams , all precut in factory.  The issue is not the frame but the right guys... I m  now finally at the stage to hire the team for this summer but builders are busier than ever

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...