flat roof temporary waterproofing

redtop

so house consists of 3 flat roofs, 2 at 1 floor high and 1 on 2nd floor.  2 ground floor ones are done and covered with 18mm OSB. they are dead flat as slope will be put in with insulation.

I need to keep them waterproof to avoid water damage and keep house below dry.  Probably for 2 to 3 months until 2nd floor is done and I have money to pay for insulation and EPDM.

I do have the Vapour layer already bought.

So how best to waterproof for next 2 to 3 months? If I put vapour layer down I will be walking all over it to sweep water off and to use it to stand on for 2nd floor so risk damaging it. Also vapour layer is a fully bonded one and i will be having flat roof lights fitted and don't want to build upstand until we know exactly which ones we will be getting so plan was to temp fill hole with battons and spare board. So thinking putting tarp or plastic layer or cheap DPM over it and battens round edges as temp cover. I cant leave it as is as water drips like mad through 3mm edge gaps and I need to use space already under roofs as working area for next stage.

advice welcome please; how best to temp waterproof OSB flat roof?

Advice welcome please, being in cornwall this dry weather wont last!

How exposed is your property to wind?

1 hour ago, redtop said:

[...]and battens round edges as temp cover.[...]

We found that battens - in some places - weren't enough mostly where the local configuration of the build accentuated the wind effect. It was its lifting effect that caught us out.

Annoying really because I should have seen that coming - done quite a bit of sailing and flying.

I solved the problem by using tie-downs fastened to two or three eye-holes in the edge of the tarpauline (tied to just one, the rope ripped out PDQ). We made the tie-downs out of old mayonaise tubs filled with concrete, and then stuck a dog tie-down in the wet concrete.

The handle of the tie-down makes it very easy to lift, reposition and fasten a rope or ropes.

Keeping the covering material taught is an art: its like timming a sail or a wing. It needs constant attention. When I forgot about it, the ceaseless flapping drove me nuts. Especially when the wind decided to blow at 3 in the morning.