How did you hide your cables for wall hung tv?

gwebstech

Hi all

Hope everyone is safe and well. Ive been thinking, before the house im building gets plastered whether i should add some ducting in the walls to run cables for a wall hung tv.  Obv theyd have to be slim ducting so as not to make the plasterboard stick out too far, aprt from that i can only think of studding the wall out and then its easier. The other thing im thinking is that this wall would prob be where the fireplace would be so that means the cables need to go at an angle but then that would look odd not having the sky box etc directly under the tv.

So what did ou guys do?

thanks

9 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Build the whole house with a decent service void, mine is 25mm

AV cables in before the plasterboard

tv_wiring.thumb.jpg.cb154e509d2db77d084986520e19e473.jpg

The finished result

AV_Wall.thumb.jpg.f22656a2f1d54245e9d33e0b608f1a47.jpg

looks nice mate, thats what i was thinking. Just build a stud wall with a recess in it, and i just checked the plasterers price for dot and dab - this wall works out to £88 just to dot and dab! so its a lot cheaper to stud anyway and it will look better. Thanks

8 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Build the whole house with a decent service void, mine is 25mm

+1.  I ended up retro fitting my tv to the wall, mainly because I didn't have the capacity to deal with that sort of detail at the time.  As we have a 25mm cavity, it was easy enough to cut a couple of holes in the plasterboard and run the cables behind without having to move any sockets.

The wall between our living room and kitchen is two feet thick (actually its two separate walls 18" apart) and contains the chimney. We have two narrow doors on the ends of the wall to turn the spaces either side of the chimney into cupboards. One houses Sat box, PVD and DVD player, network hub etc. The other is ideal for ironing board and hoover. 

I fitted a back box without a back so I can mount HDMI socket etc in the living room and get access to the back inside the "TV cupboard".

3 hours ago, Vijay said:

the fitted cabinet/wall looks lovely, but what happens when you changed the TV :(

Multitool? ?

I can't imagine he wont be able to get a similar sized TV a few years down  the line that will fit. 65" Sony in the picture.

Edited by Onoff