Ideas for what to do with a “spare” large window

Nick1c

Due to a typo whilst ordering we have a Gaulhofer 2290x2270mm window which is surplus to requirements.....

A quick look on eBay suggests that it is not a sought after item, exacerbated by the fact we are in (far) west Cornwall ?

There are only two things I can think of as potential uses

- as the mother & father of all windows in a garden shed, the problem here is that we are in an ANOB & would need planning, there would probably be objections, but on the up side if we got it it would give awesome views along the coast to the N & shouldn’t overheat the shed. 

- cut into a container, no planning needed but it would get less use & I am not sure of the effect of cutting a hole that size in one. 

Opinions on these ideas (or alternatives) would be welcome. 

Edited by Nick1c

I like the idea of cutting it into a container, portable building so no planning etc, make a good summer room/ garden room. Clad it in timber to look like a cabin, job done.

Stick it on the BH market place! You may even beat @pocster 's attempt in selling his walk on windows! 

But seriously, you could put up a free ad on gumtree and just keep renewing it. You'll be surprised at the interest you may get. I managed to sell all my old UPVC windows and some were very un-standard in size. Depends on what price you are looking at of course.

• Haha 1

Stick it on eBay - I sold a pair of miss measured oak balcony doors for 20% more than I paid... although I do import windows directly from the factory so my price was good to start with. Needless to say I was very surprised.