D4 glue, is it best purchased in a squeezy 1 litre bottle or decorators cartridge?

epsilonGreedy

I think the title says it all.

I am heading off to my local BM to purchase 8 litres of D4 glue and looking at adverts for this stuff online it appears to be supplied in basic squeezable bottles. I had previously assumed pro's only work with cartridges that fit into a decorators gun.

This YouTube video demonstrates Caberdeck being fitted with the glue applied from a large plastic bottle. Is this the norm?

Everyone normally uses squeezy bottles - how many boards have you got to do as I did about 80sqm with 4 bottles from memory. It isn't cheap so don't buy too much as it does go off in the bottle.

My builder used squeezy bottles fir my floors but fir other stuff I used cartridge (working above my head in the loft), yes goes off quite quickly so don’t stock pile it 

IIRC Egger recommend 1 bottle of D4 adhesive for 6 boards, I think I used around 1 bottle for 5 boards, and as already said, it drips so protect anything underneath that you dont want glue on.

Also remember to paint the glue onto any cut edges to seal them - get a few cheap brushes for this.

Edited by wozza

My Caberdek was glued with foaming PU glue and nailed every 150mm with ring shanked nails. Can't remember the name of the glue but remember it bubbled up everywhere. At least the floor doesn't squeak.

• 9 months later...
On 05/05/2020 at 19:24, joe90 said:

you will have black hands for weeks

I had to do an emergency repair on a PU moulding machine when I worked in the Derbyshire.

Now take into account that this was the 1990's, and the humour of the area.

My impersonation of Lenny Henry went down quite well.

"Katanga"

Edited by SteamyTea
  • Like 1