Plasterboard Supplies?

Triassic

38 minutes ago, Triassic said:

I’m after six pallets of plaster board, none in the local BMs and CCF is shut! Any suggestions where to try next?

If all your BM's are shut then maybe only B&Q bulk service? Do you or anyone you know have a trade card?

If you need 9 pallets you may also find that you could get one of the manufacturers to sell you some on a house account pro-forma. 

10 minutes ago, nod said:

Are you sure 

We had a delivery of nine packs of plasterboard and insulation from CCF last Wednesday 

My nearest depot is Carlisle and according to the manager they are shut. I’ll try a different branch as I’ve agreed a great price .

Just got this email from CCF.

“Unfortunately we are struggling to supply this order as it stands as we have reduced stock level and we have to prioritise essential works due to Covid 19.

Sorry we can't help at the moment. We will get in touch if any additional stock becomes available.”

The local B&Q don't have the stock or a delivery driver! The BM gets his stock from CCF! We don’t have a Wicks and TP are closed, mind you aid never use the as they are rubbish on price!

Bugger!

4 minutes ago, AnonymousBosch said:

You, me and quite a few.

Mind you, we Northerners should all go round to the site where Gary's working, break in, load up and strain the suspension on our clapped out  vehicles. 

Ha ha 

we have only one pack of PB left out of the nine 

Delivery booked for Monday am

36 minutes ago, nod said:

I was speaking to one of the Gypsum reps He was telling me there running out of places to put the stuff

Clearly someone is telling porkies.

”We will try our best to help everybody out but we can only sell as much stock as we can buy.“

so the manufacturer has too much stock and the distributor too little.

2 minutes ago, Triassic said:

Clearly someone is telling porkies.

”We will try our best to help everybody out but we can only sell as much stock as we can buy.“

so the manufacturer has too much stock and the distributor too little.

Very true with most things at the moment 

8 hours ago, Triassic said:

I’m after six pallets of plaster board, none in the local BMs and CCF is shut! Any suggestions where to try next?

It may be worth looking locally to the independents Quite a few family BM are advertising 

The national company’s are gearing up for next week when all the big company’s are back 

The independence will be glad of your custom 

• 2 months later...

Ive had 4 pallets of plasterboard so far and I’m after another pallet. Having managed to get 2 pallet loads from CCF, I rang them to place an order. They tell me that due to Covid they no longer deliver to residential addresses! I pointed out they’d delivered here before, but it makes no difference. So if you want stuff from CCF don’t forget to add “Unit 1” to your self build address, that way you might just get a delivery!

Local builders merchant is charging 26p per sheet more than before COVID-19. I asked why? He said prices are rising across a wide range of building materials, “some at an alarming rate!” Is words, not mine.