Multi tasking

nod

It was decided that four houses would be classed rather than the wet sash like the other 42 

Cladders are on Furlough so I was asked if we could drop off the framing and make a start on the cladding With there Cedar that was already onsite 

Weve just one gable  to finish off 

and who should arrive onsite 

Not happy bunnies 

3D333942-15F7-4EAF-82DC-6E7CA511416C.jpeg

D8D2D094-225C-4957-BB32-268A037EC710.jpeg

D24C70E0-0FF1-4599-A447-F0D0D494AB6B.jpeg

• Like 1

Are they Schroedinger's cladders? On furlough but on site at the same time, and only being observed by someone will determine which is the actual state at that time?

Perhaps they're embarrassed that your work is as good as theirs? Certainly looks good!

1 hour ago, nod said:

It was decided that four houses would be cladded rather than the wet sash like the other 42 

Cladders are on Furlough so I was asked if we could drop off the framing and make a start on the cladding With there Cedar that was already onsite 

[...]

And there we have it. Thats what happens if customer and trades folk don't talk to one another...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, vivienz said:

Are they Schroedinger's cladders? On furlough but on site at the same time, and only being observed by someone will determine which is the actual state at that time?

Perhaps they're embarrassed that your work is as good as theirs? Certainly looks good!

Yep 
Five weeks ago I went in expecting to secure all our materials 

mans The company announced none our sites are shutting 

Like the cladders I’m not employed by the company 

But we had little choice but to carryon 

Probably won’t see the cladders again 

37 minutes ago, AnonymousBosch said:

And there we have it. Thats what happens if customer and trades folk don't talk to one another...

Oh they did talk several times 

conversation went as follows 

Get your arse back on site 

We haven’t closed 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

Have to be printed on A3 to cover a builders arse

Why am I not surprised

Everyone wants that bit of paper 

When all this started laminated signs appeared. on sites 
Wash your hands for 20 seconds in warm soapy water 

We have the soap the laminated signs No hot water ?

11 hours ago, joe90 said:

not heard that one before ???

My wife did some feminist studies as part of a politics degree, and yet I was the one on our team who successfully answered a quiz question about this phrase last week. It's a bit of a feminist rallying cry - disappointed you didn't know it Joe!

"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jack said:

My wife did some feminist studies as part of a politics degree, and yet I was the one on our team who successfully answered a quiz question about this phrase last week. It's a bit of a feminist rallying cry - disappointed you didn't know it Joe!

"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"

Yep I ran into that at Uni in the 1980s as part of the attempted self-justification rhetoric of the feminist.

I always thought it went back well into the 1970s. 

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jeremy Harris said:

When I retired and cleared my desk I found around 2 dozen completely pointless certificates that I'd been given for attending all manner of training courses, many of which had been about as useful as giving a fish a bicycle.

It's a money making scam these things really isn't it.

For a while I seemed to collect pieces of paper that had cost me or an employer £100's - I couldn't tell you what half of them are now and I don't think anyone has ever even mentioned or required any of these certificates in professional dealings. The sooner people begin to reject these courses and seminars the better!

I think I've done 5 or 6 time management courses over the years. I'm still bloody hopeless at it, and what little I have learned in this area certainly hasn't come from any of those courses.

17 hours ago, nod said:

Yep we have to go for our social distancing course on Monday 

20 minutes and a nice new certificate to allow us to work safely 

I wonder if it will be Free ?

Who exactly is giving this course? Which self proclaimed "expert" has decided they are now the expert on social distancing given that it's only about 2 months old?

ALL these courses and certificates of this nature can be replaced with one course, but only for those who lack it, "Common sense"!

Edited by Carrerahill

1 minute ago, jack said:

I think I've done 5 or 6 time management courses over the years. I'm still bloody hopeless at it, and what little I have learned in this area certainly hasn't come from any of those courses.

I did some of those too, I was late for them all.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nod said:

It’s an industry in itself now

I was asked to attend a site earlier this year to help iron out a design issue on site, long story short, contractor made a big mistake on electrical cabinets, wanted me to save their bacon as it was going to be 8 weeks for the correct sized units to arrive and site hand over was about 4 weeks from where we were.

I eventually agreed to head to site, I said I'd be onsite at about lunchtime the following day, pretty fair. I get an email back, "site induction is at 08:00". Now this really did not suit at all, I said I would not be able to make it for 08:00 and that I could be there at 12:00 etc. and did I really need to attend an induction as it appeared to be a contractors induction. Apparently everyone had to attend. 

Eventually they agreed to induct me at 12:00 - 45 minutes it was going to take! Guy comes in, takes name, details and asks me to sign a form saying I had been inducted... I am now thinking, oh right, is this how it is, make me sign this form now. So duly signed the form and sat down, a VHS, yes, VHS video goes on and I watch the most stretched video/sound I have ever heard and the guys ups and leaves, so did I.

Later on the sparky asked me how I got out so quickly and I told him, apparently the main contractor would be billed for that induction by a 3rd party site safety firm! I just about spat out my coffee. It's such a sham and a total mockery of the whole system. The main contractor is big, everyone on this forum will have heard of them and that is what they are up to but worse, that is what a so called H&S company are offering as inductions.