Fancy roofing systems and British Standards

I have been thinking about the Nu-lok system but have a more general question. This question was prompted by a casual question to my architectural technician who looked at Nu-lok and came back saying "I could not see any British standard approval so you might want to run it past your building control inspector".

Which bits of a roofing system need approval? My truss manufacturer will design the skeleton of the roof to a recognizable standard.  Natural slate would by implication be approved. The chimneys would meet width to height stability standards and I know my roof design meets the flue/chimney pot height regulations. Would the metal rail/clip system that is the essence of Nu-lok require separate certification?

12 minutes ago, AnonymousBosch said:

Nulok passed our inspection, in fact the BCO and I had a giggle about what's printed - embossed- on the back of each tile.

HAPPINESS.

Hopefully French folk who order the tiles don't read that out loud in the presence of les anglais.

Thanks. I better phone my BCO to sound him out. I cannot imagine what standard might be transgressed with Nu-lok because their system saves 30% on slate hence weight and the galvanized rail/battens cannot be a fire risk.

Do you sort out our drainage plan in the other thread?