site notice - not there!

Tom

Hi all - so the full planning application has been in for a few weeks, but there is still no site notice uploaded on the portal or put up at the site. Will this be a problem? Can the planner turn round at the end and say the whole process has to start again as they'd omitted the site notice? Am I overthinking this and should just sit back and relax with a cold Argus 2.6% continental lager from Lidl?

Tom

Edited by Tom

Same here, the planners put our notice up (think they put up three in the immediate area).  The notices used around here are printed directly on to thin plastic, so not something that could be easily done except with whatever special printer they use, perhaps.

48 minutes ago, Tom said:

Hi all - so the full planning application has been in for a few weeks, but there is still no site notice uploaded on the portal or put up at the site. Will this be a problem? Can the planner turn round at the end and say the whole process has to start again as they'd omitted the site notice? Am I overthinking this and should just sit back and relax with a cold Argus 2.6% continental lager from Lidl?

Tom

No physical notice needed in England 

@nod Where did you get that information from?

Planning Site Notices are required for the majority of applications where public comments are accepted. Some LPA’s put these notices up themselves, some send them to the applicant and some send them to the agent. If a PSN is not up and present for when the Planning Officer carries out their site visit, this could potentially delay the determination of the application.

Due to how the country is dealing with the current situation, there may be delays to the process. If you’re unsure, get in contact with the Planning department.

I didn’t put a notice up when I built ours Most single builds that I’ve worked on don’t 

Once your planning is through unless there’s a complaint you dont hear or see them again 

Let alone turn up onsite 

Building control have no interest in the planning side of things 

Having a planning officer make a site visit is almost unheard of around here.  Not sure why, but they rarely seem to bother for small developments.  We had a potentially fairly contentious application (the site had a bit of a chequered planning history), and the only two consultees that came out to the site were the conservation officer and the highways officer, both of whom had specific concerns about what we wanted to do.  I never actually met our planning officer at all, just spoke to him once on the 'phone and exchanged a dozen or so emails, and that was it.

As we’re all talking from our own experiences, it appears it does differ from LPA to LPA where as I mentioned, we’ve always had PSN’s put up on the site.

In relation to site visits, this may also different from LPA to LPA as we’ve always had those too, irrespective of the size of the development. We even have visits for CoL applications, but not for NMA’s. VoC applications also attract site visits.

Spoke to LPA yesterday: due to COVID, new guidance from central gov re advertising planning applications has allowed them to delegate to the applicant, so I should soon get emailed the site notice and asked to put up myself. I will then need to take a photo as proof apparently.