A few ASHP / UFH bits of information.

ProDave

Just thought I'd add a picture of the pre-plumb cylinder originally talked about;

PB150023.JPG

Ours has just been fitted so we could get the UFH up and running. I will of course have to get all the pipework insulated.  Installation was quick and simple, especially on the electrical side (our electrician actually commented on how straight forward it was in comparison to other makes of ASHP installation he deals with).  Chatting to my builder after the cylinder had been installed, he said he was seriously considering switching away from Panasonic to the Mitsubishi package, as the reduced installation times and simplicity of it all would save him money, time and the difficulty of getting plumber and electrician on site (granted this might not be the case if you were installing on a DIY basis).  

I'll report back how it performs in due course.

That system is easy to install. Power to the inside and outside unit and a data cable between them. that's about it.

The guys that set up the one I was involved with, didn't connect the "call for heat" from the ufh manifolds, which struck me as lazy, I am awaiting feedback from the owner how it is working and whether we need to address that or not.

Just remind me, did you just buy the bits and install them, or is it part of a "package" including claiming the RHI?

I sourced the package myself - ASHP, cylinder, feet and flexi connectors from the wholesaler previously linked to, for the plumber / electrician to install.  Doing that saved me around £750 compared to buying it through the local supplier.  No RHI.