Got a Front Door ?

Excited is not the word! Secured an Internorm front door ex-display with fingerprint sensor, all instruction manual etc absolutely dirt cheap and I'm so bl**dy excited. Do you all like it? Inside it has a mirror inside. Just need to get a new barrel/lock which I'm hoping I can get whoever supplies our Internorm windows to throw in as part of my negotiation.

Screenshot_2020-04-18-14-11-57-874_com.ebay.mobile~2.png

Screenshot_2020-04-22-16-16-08-328_com_ebay.mobile.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

Looks very smart!

Not sure i could bring myself to spend that much on a front door!! Whats the difference between this and my 1.0U Composite door which cost £600? Aside from the fingerprint sensor obviously.

The expensive front doors have a similar feel to expensive car doors.  Both work fine, but an S class merc has a nicer feel than a Fiat Panda

4 hours ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

Looks very smart!

Not sure i could bring myself to spend that much on a front door!! Whats the difference between this and my 1.0U Composite door which cost £600? Aside from the fingerprint sensor obviously.

We did look at composite doors and infact designed one online and of course with the extra fancy handle, colour and design it was the top end of £1k. For the extra we got this one for I think it was worth it. We will have a composite stable door. 

• 5 months later...
On 24/04/2020 at 16:38, canalsiderenovation said:

We did look at composite doors and infact designed one online and of course with the extra fancy handle, colour and design it was the top end of £1k. For the extra we got this one for I think it was worth it. We will have a composite stable door. 

I’d be wary of a composite stable door... we have one for our back door, and it’s been replaced 3 times. (Complications of our door related to being a small opening in an old cottage, plus glazed top half, meant small surround of the actual door). And it cost £1550 ?

48 minutes ago, tanneja said:

@canalsiderenovation where did you get your door?  The same provider of your windows?

It's an Internorm front door but we actually got it from eBay from an Internorm distributor (not the one we used for our windows).

39 minutes ago, Gav_P said:

I’d be wary of a composite stable door... we have one for our back door, and it’s been replaced 3 times.

We had a Solidor one in out last house and it was still in when we sold it 10 years later. The one for our house now was also ex showroom, customer failed order and was £180 so if it lasts for a few years I'll be happy. Quality seems better than Solidor but I'm not sure exactly what make it is (not fitted yet).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 24/04/2020 at 11:33, MikeGrahamT21 said:

Looks very smart!

@MikeGrahamT21, can I ask where you got this well insulated composite door at that price please?  I doubt my opening is a standard size unfortunately which may end up costing me custom prices.

Edited by tanneja

8 hours ago, tanneja said:

@MikeGrahamT21, can I ask where you got this well insulated composite door at that price please?  I doubt my opening is a standard size unfortunately which may end up costing me custom prices.

Sure, it was from here. It was about 3 years ago, so i suspect prices may have gone up slightly since then.

https://www.justdoorsuk.com/composite-doors.php

All doors are custom sizes, so as long as its within the normal range, it shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: I'm questioning myself now as to whether it was there or here: https://www.grpcompositedoors.com/

I've slept a few times since i bought it ?

Just ran my door through both, and coming in at around £700 now, so it has gone up a little, but to be expected i suppose

Edited by MikeGrahamT21