Recommendations for tape and finish plaster

Drew1000

Hi,

Doing 2 new timber frame builds and will get the pros to do the tape and finishing.  I do need to do some small areas like cupboards before mounting boiler etc and behind radiators to save breaking connections later.  Can someone recommend make/manufacturer of first coat and finishing coat as its a while since I have done any taping and finishing.  Thanks in advance

They all do the same job

I use the British Gypsum Taping compound and joint cement Most builders merchants stock it 

B&Q also keep it in 

and do a readymix bucket for the diyer 

Just a word of caution.  As much as I like the Gyproc Promix Lite it only comes in 22Kg tubs.  That's fine if you have a lot to do.  On one previous occasion I only had a small but to do so bought a small tub of something from B&Q.  Unfortunately I can't remember what make it was.  but it was dire.  It's adhesion to plasterboard was poor, it was way too stiff and hard to smooth down with the float, and when dry very hard to sand it to get a good finish.  So stick to a recommended product.

I have a small amount to do above some fitted wardrobes. I'm talking 2 vertical joints 300mm long max. 

I was planning to use the type of easi fill I already have with paper tape. Think I'll get away with it?

The radiators are in the attic room and I need to fit them so I can establish vertical pipe drops and pipe runs before plaster boarding the bedroom ceilings.

Supplementary question guys . 

I was watching an American You Tube video on "drywalling" and the guy as using a "no oil spray" on bits of plaster board that had the white paper removed/torn prior to applying plaster.  never seen anything like that used here in UK.  Anyone else seen something similar, I expect some sort of primer would suffice but don't know if its really necessary.