Hi

I'm looking for advice from anyone that has a Itho (Heatrae Sadia) Hru Eco 4 fitted in their home? 

We moved into a property in 2018 with 2 units (dating from 2010), both were serviced last year but we recently noticed that the discharge fan in one of them is no longer running smoothly and as a result, creating more noise and subsequent lack of air flow through the ducts. 

We ordered a new fan but we have exactly the same issue - the fan sounds like it struggling to maintain a constant speed. Any thoughts? We're trying to find an engineer who can come and look at it at the moment but no luck so far!

TIA

Welcome.

I'd second the above.  The filters need to be cleaned/changed at least every six months, sometimes more frequently in areas where air pollution/dust levels may be high.  The other thing to check is that the installation has been done correctly.  It's not uncommon to find problems with ducting, something another member here found with an installation of about the same vintage as yours.

3 hours ago, JOE187 said:

HI Amuia.        Sounds like the control printed circuit board is the problem as this controls speed of fan motors!

Thanks, any idea how to check? We're in Kent and struggling to find anyone who can come and have a look!

3 hours ago, Jeremy Harris said:

Welcome.

I'd second the above.  The filters need to be cleaned/changed at least every six months, sometimes more frequently in areas where air pollution/dust levels may be high.  The other thing to check is that the installation has been done correctly.  It's not uncommon to find problems with ducting, something another member here found with an installation of about the same vintage as yours.

Flow rates were tested recently but will investigate further, thanks for the advice!