Connecting up: a bit of advice please.

ToughButterCup

2 hours ago, AnonymousBosch said:

Just had a word with our BCO. She says wot @Russell griffiths says. So it must be OK......?

There are two solutions for dealing with ground movement: (1) is for the pipe to run through a footing aperture with flexible stuffing as shown in one @Oz07photo or (2) allow for articulation either side of the footing wall. An ordinary 100mm plastic coupling/bend piece should provide enough articulation.

Edited by epsilonGreedy

1 minute ago, epsilonGreedy said:

There are two solutions for dealing with ground movement: [...]

Ours goes right under the the ringbeam, and runs clear of any concrete by 100mm or so. The BCO suggested that there was probably no need to take any precautionary measures in terms of ground movement.

Pull the rubber out of another (same make) and swap them over. 

As Tommy Cooper said JUST LIKE THAT. 

Get a warm bucket of soapy water and get some of that dusty crud from around the rubber, clean the groove before inserting new cleaned rubber. 

Edited by Russell griffiths
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 16/04/2020 at 13:25, Construction Channel said:

Also little tip for fitting pipes in a trench is to get the end into the socket loose (plenty of lube) then bang a couple of road pins (bits of rebar) in either side of it tilted out slightly. ....

How right was Ed  ( @Construction Channel) ?

I had to resort to this to keep the bloody pipe still. It was like grabbing hold of a Turkish wrestler.....

20200518_112802.thumb.jpg.6318181f93e38df550214e0309721c15.jpg

Those pipe  / oil filter grabbers (that red one is magnetic) is worth it's weight in gold to me - 8 fingers in total, 6 that work. I used two crowbars instead of road pins.

Thanks Ed.

Ian

1 minute ago, PeterW said:

Make sure you put concrete mass fill around the changes in direction and especially the last bend into the tank

Whooooo Hoooooo, thanks sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. ?

Digger's just arrived and the pipe would have been under 200 mm of pipe bedding by 2:00 today. 

1 hour ago, AnonymousBosch said:

How right was Ed  ( @Construction Channel) ?

I had to resort to this to keep the bloody pipe still. It was like grabbing hold of a Turkish wrestler.....

20200518_112802.thumb.jpg.6318181f93e38df550214e0309721c15.jpg

Those pipe  / oil filter grabbers (that red one is magnetic) is worth it's weight in gold to me - 8 fingers in total, 6 that work. I used two crowbars instead of road pins.

Thanks Ed.

Ian

Iv played this game before. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

Make sure you put concrete mass fill around the changes in direction and especially the last bend into the tank

Just put a shutter (say) a meter either side of the bit that changes direction, mix some 3:2:1 concrete and plonk it in then?