Glass Balustrades and Balconies

Very nice stairs.

We installed something similar, using 12mm toughened glass with similar fittings.

It was designed, manufactured and test fitted in the works by a great company in Dublin, Jea Stairs. It was installed in the house, a timberframe build,  and fitted perfectly.One of the photos shows the test fitting on a steel plate fitting base, in the works. the stairs are oak and Jea supplied all the glass, handrails, landing capping pieces and installation materials.  My two cippies installed it, with a bit of additional muscle for some of the glass panels.

2017-03-23_15_37_01.jpg

2017-03-23_15_39_44.jpg

2017-03-23_15_38_35.jpg

P1050645.JPG

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, HerbJ said:

Very nice stairs.

We installed something similar, using 12mm toughened glass with similar fittings.

It was designed, manufactured and test fitted in the works by a great company in Dublin, Jea Stairs. It was installed in the house, a timberframe build,  and fitted perfectly.One of the photos shows the test fitting on a steel plate fitting base, in the works. the stairs are oak and Jea supplied all the glass, handrails, landing capping pieces and installation materials.  My two cippies installed it, with a bit of additional muscle for some of the glass panels.

2017-03-23_15_37_01.jpg

2017-03-23_15_39_44.jpg

2017-03-23_15_38_35.jpg

P1050645.JPG

Looks nice. I have just contacted them for a quote.

3 hours ago, ultramods said:

@Trw144 Can you tell me where you got the oak treads/cladding from please as I am planning a similar cantilevered stairs.

Also can you tell me how the glass is fixed to the steel please?

Hi - the oak treads came from the floor supplier,  Blueridge Flooring, so it matched the white finished floor they installed above. If this is nt an issue on yours, I m sure a good local joiner could make them for a lot less. In terms of the glass attachment, it’s essentialy clamped to the side of the steel tread with some rubber washers, and the outer piece of is simply silicones onto the side of the glass to cover everything. I ll try and find some photos to show

3 hours ago, ultramods said:

@Trw144 Can you tell me where you got the oak treads/cladding from please as I am planning a similar cantilevered stairs.

Also can you tell me how the glass is fixed to the steel please?

Here s some of it being done which should help....

916BA3A0-0A91-449D-8919-BD956E0ED148.jpeg

5C973F56-E34C-4DE5-9D87-4C5676609E7C.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Trw144 said:

Hi - the oak treads came from the floor supplier,  Blueridge Flooring, so it matched the white finished floor they installed above. If this is nt an issue on yours, I m sure a good local joiner could make them for a lot less. In terms of the glass attachment, it’s essentialy clamped to the side of the steel tread with some rubber washers, and the outer piece of is simply silicones onto the side of the glass to cover everything. I ll try and find some photos to show

Thanks. Do you know how the glass anchor bolt in fixed to the steel tread, is it glued in place?

23 hours ago, HerbJ said:

Very nice stairs.

2017-03-23_15_38_35.jpg

The light fitting reminds me of Dale Chihuly glass sculptures - here at the V&A.

Did you commission that?

2006AL5262_jpg_ds.jpg

Edited by Ferdinand

Not as a specific one off commission but they are all hand blown icicles, each  with individual LEDS's,  see the Contemporary Chandelier Company  for more details - www.contemporarychandeliercompany.co.uk

Not cheap but they do have a wow factor and the  large hall needed  a feature to make it all work. They were my OH bit of bling...My bling was the AV systems( still to be finished) and the lighting control system.