GB Energy. Who is Next?

SteamyTea

So this is the first one.
Here is the FT bit on it.
https://www.ft.com/content/fc943f58-b499-11e6-ba85-95d1533d9a62
(You may need to do a Google search to bypass the paywall).

I heard that OVO wee offering 3% interest on any overpayment, that is an easy way for them to raise cash. But is it because they cannot raise cash any other way.

Bugger. They've got £350 of my money.

i actually switched away from them a couple of weeks ago and only got the confirmation of switch today and thought "right better get my credit balance back" :( 

i understand it's protected but something tells me it won't be a quick or painless process! 

32 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

So this is the first one.
Here is the FT bit on it.
https://www.ft.com/content/fc943f58-b499-11e6-ba85-95d1533d9a62
(You may need to do a Google search to bypass the paywall).

I heard that OVO wee offering 3% interest on any overpayment, that is an easy way for them to raise cash. But is it because they cannot raise cash any other way.

Can you post the EXACT title or the article. Makes it easier to google :ph34r:

37 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Who has your cash Barney GBE or OVO?

There is a bit on the Ofgem's website about protection.

But as you say, I bet it becomes complicated.

GB Energy.

My switch goes live on 1st December. So my money I'll be sat with them and I will have switched, timing couldn't be worse :( 

33 minutes ago, Barney12 said:

Co-op Energy have been awarded the GB Energy contracts by OfGen. I've had an email today.

Midshires Co-op..? 

I had had some fun with them as their online systems are a bit archaic and it took them 4 months to actually be able to log in ...

9 hours ago, PeterW said:

Midshires Co-op..? 

I had had some fun with them as their online systems are a bit archaic and it took them 4 months to actually be able to log in ...

Yes.

you'll enjoy this paragraph in their email then:

• We will continue to run the business using the existing GB Energy systems supported by enhanced technology, as well as experienced former GB Energy employees and service providers, to minimise the disruption to you and to our Co-operative Energy customers. 

I'd love to see how that works ..!!

The oddest bit was that they created an online account which you then have to add your gas/electricity "account" to - looks like it's based on a commercial multi account solution (I think it's actually Oracle at the back end) and I had real issues getting it to validate that the energy account was really mine ..!

I've just signed up to some random energy company I've never heard of on the basis they are the cheapest from the comparison site. I expect them to go bust next...

Ec0n0my 3n3rgy for what its worth (replace numbers with correct letters)

17 minutes ago, daiking said:

I've just signed up to some random energy company I've never heard of on the basis they are the cheapest from the comparison site. I expect them to go bust next...

Do some research. Start by reading this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4399311&page=8#topofpage

Hotel California, You can switch supplier but you can never leave.

• 2 years later...
On 30/11/2016 at 09:04, daiking said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46756909

out of tariff and the price has rocketed so this should be fun