Woodland cabin build

Were planning on building a small cabin in some woods we own for leisure use, maybe 4 x 4 m , timber frame and timber clad, all materiels will have to be moved by hand to the final site from the end of the track. Its not expected to last forever.

Question is what options are there for the base, set a timber base frame on blocks ?  timber frame sat on gravel ? Concreted in posts ? 

Any ideas ?

Just now, Jeremy Harris said:

Are the frames for that CNC cut ply?

I was thinking that ... and currently planning something like a Maslow CNC.... but that’s the theme for another thread !!

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

I would like to know more about that as it is how I am thinking to do my new shed.

stone with no fines (sand or small particles) allow any moisture to fall through so the timbers remain dry, as long as it’s not the lowest part of the garden that floods ?.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joe90 said:

stone with no fines (sand or small particles) allow any moisture to fall through so the timbers remain dry, as long as it’s not the lowest part of the garden that floods ?.

That was my thinking.  Part of it will on on the concrete path, but may put some blocks there.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, joe90 said:

I'd put it on blocks.  I strongly suspect that what starts off as clean stone will soon be full of crap and leaf mold with stuff growing in it.

• Like 1