Fixing angle beads

wozza

Hi All,

I want to fix some angle beads and stop beads to the plaster boards around my roof windows - the sides will be angle beads as they are 90 degree corners, the top and bottoms will need stop beads as they are angled to allow more light into the room. I want to do it myself before the plasterer arrives so I can ensure that they are straight and square.

Whats the best way to fix them, I have read about using screws, staples, hot melt glue, grab adhesive or skim plaster.

Also does it matter which way around the stop beads go - should I hook the open bead end over the board or have it facing out?

Thanks, Wozza.

Small galv nails are specifically sold for this.

They need to be corrosion resistant, technically plasterboard screws would work but the heads need to be burried deep enough they don't cause issues with the plastering but without breaking the bead. 

• Thanks 1

What have you got behind the plasterboard to fix on?

I presume timber, if so for the first timer I would say clots would be easiest, but the plasterer will take 10 mins to do a job which will take you an hour!

Stress to him the importance of it being sure etc and ask if you can check it before he starts laying on

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, wozza said:

Hi All,

I want to fix some angle beads and stop beads to the plaster boards around my roof windows - the sides will be angle beads as they are 90 degree corners, the top and bottoms will need stop beads as they are angled to allow more light into the room. I want to do it myself before the plasterer arrives so I can ensure that they are straight and square.

Whats the best way to fix them, I have read about using screws, staples, hot melt glue, grab adhesive or skim plaster.

Also does it matter which way around the stop beads go - should I hook the open bead end over the board or have it facing out?

Thanks, Wozza.

When you staple the stop 

Put a line of tape under the stop B Covering the cut edge of the board 

If you need to square anything Unscrew the board edge and pack off 

Don’t pack the beads

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, nod said:

When you staple the stop 

Put a line of tape under the stop B Covering the cut edge of the board 

If you need to square anything Unscrew the board edge and pack off 

Don’t pack the beads

Do you mean a line of Scrim tape?