Materials shortage

Pocster

Had to stop the team on site and call a meeting . All sat 2 metres apart of course .

I told them this was going to be tough but we were in it together.

I asked them to reallocate any timber that was being used for ‘non essentials’ for the good of the build .

A quick scout around and what was ‘rubbish’ timber now utilised for other projects. First casualty was the hand rail .

Keep cool lads , gloves , masks are on the way !

2330D5CA-E814-4FD1-A1A8-2F9C8B2896C0.jpeg

Edited by pocster
Spam attack

I ordered some stuff from toolstation 2 days ago. All in stock when I hit the button.

Expected it to arrive today.  Instead an email telling me delivery is postponed because one item is out of stock.

Warehouses getting empty and supply chain issues.

Shame the email did not come 5 minutes earlier before I placed an order with CPC.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I ordered some stuff from toolstation 2 days ago. All in stock when I hit the button.

Expected it to arrive today.  Instead an email telling me delivery is postponed because one item is out of stock.

Warehouses getting empty and supply chain issues.

Shame the email did not come 5 minutes earlier before I placed an order with CPC.

Timbers my issue at the moment .

Bits n pieces like couplers , screws etc. I just grab from eBay .

15 minutes ago, AnonymousBosch said:

Eyeing up an old bit of 12 by 2 for a stairs stringer.  As twisted as a propeller.... 

Use it for a ‘feature’ 

As materials run low I do take this opportunity to remind people I have a surplus of walk on glazing .

Edited by pocster
  • Haha 1

I got given a massive load of timer 5 months ago, mostly 8x2 and 4x2 so have plenty to keep me going. I also buy materials when I can afford them and in some cases this will be two or more years in advance..... seems crazy but I am very thankful of this policy now as I literally have loads of stock that will keep me busy for at Least 3 months. 

• Like 1

Just tried the Wickes website and there was a 3 minute queue to get in ??. And when you do get in theres no stock on most items. Cant figure whether there really are shortages or whether there are no staff to handle the orders?

My delivery of Plasterboard and PIR has been cancelled - no one has any available and all local merchants are closed or only supplying hospitals etc.

I just hope that the prices do not rocket up once things start to get back to normal.

Edited by wozza

1 hour ago, Oldsteel said:

Just tried the Wickes website and there was a 3 minute queue to get in ??. And when you do get in theres no stock on most items. Cant figure whether there really are shortages or whether there are no staff to handle the orders?

If you want to order from wickes you need to be on their website between 7am and 3pm I think, after that they don't show stocks.

31 minutes ago, wozza said:

My delivery of Plasterboard and PIR has been cancelled - no one has any available and all local merchants are closed or only supplying hospitals etc.

I just hope that the prices do not rocket up once things start to get back to normal.

Cut price insulation are doing deliveries of both pir and plasterboard, just had an e mail from them. 

All builders merchants closed round here, I'd ordered and paid for a load of stuff I needed for the build, the next day they closed and email to say  will only be deliver after the current situation is over, so months!

luckily the brick were delivered, however the brickie texted me to say that he was entering 12 weeks of isolation due to an underlying condition.

Edited by Triassic

I've had great trouble finding a supplier of PIR boards, after 4 cancelled orders, I found two suppliers on ebay who have told me they are still shipping orders, order placed, and heard nothing since! So hopefully it happens, otherwise this new kitchen won't be going ahead for a while