Rationel Poor Customer Back Up

Murray

Any one having issues with Rationel door external ironmongery rusting ?

these are under 4 years old ,Rationel won't replace saying ....

With regards to the issue of the corroding ironmongery, our ironmongery is not a marine grade product and so in terms of longevity we cannot warranty the replacements as weather exposure rates cannot be calculated.

IMG_0045_Original.JPG

Thanks for your replies and sorry for my slow reply,like many the virus is interrupted our routine.

I can see the sea from where I live  so close to the coast as many Rationel owners surely do,My neighbour has chosen Nordan and the handles look like new!

The lacquer is flaking off and corrosion on all  handles within 4 years,Rationel can only suggest I buy another set at £170 each .Apart from much disappointment in Rationel I seem faced in replacing these Rationel poor quality handles every 4 years if they continue to make them available?

Thanks for the coastal group website perhaps I'm faced with replacing all ironmongery with marine grade inside and out so it matches, not a cost I was expecting and a shame Rationel still haven't done this considering they manufacturer from a coastal country 

IMG_3556.JPG

• 2 months later...

Poor form they didn't advise you on the steel unsuitability at the outset.  Should have been part of their survey...

You can probably discuss potential legal action with them as products do need to be fit for purpose even if not explicitly warrantied....

4 year is not an acceptable lifetime for a handle - especially if an installation team did a site survey

Edited by Stephen Aitch