Temporary foul drainage: what's wrong with this plan....

ToughButterCup

I'd like to get our wet room functioning: I have got most of the 'gear' - and I think there's a good chance I can get hold of the rest of the  internal stuff I still need. So far so good.

Its the externals of the foul drainage to the digester that concerns me.

I've got most of the necessary bits: but its the bedding sand and shingle that I haven't got... and probably cant get either, though I keep trying.

The plan:

• Lay the pipes,
  • make the connections (without the correct bedding or shingle cover)
  • leaving the pipes exposed, 
  • Test, make good if needed
  • Use

I will be shuttering the trench and making sure that the trench is self-draining (in the case of heavy rain).

Then when everything gets back to normal, make good as necessary and ring the BCO lady for inspection; very very nice lady. ?‍?

• ToughButterCup changed the title to Temporary foul drainage: what's wrong with this plan....
18 minutes ago, AnonymousBosch said:

I'd like to get our wet room functioning: I have got most of the 'gear' - and I think there's a good chance I can get hold of the rest of the  internal stuff I still need. So far so good.

Its the externals of the foul drainage to the digester that concerns me.

I've got most of the necessary bits: but its the bedding sand and shingle that I haven't got... and probably cant get either, though I keep trying.

The plan:

• Lay the pipes,
  • make the connections (without the correct bedding or shingle cover)
  • leaving the pipes exposed, 
  • Test, make good if needed
  • Use

I will be shuttering the trench and making sure that the trench is self-draining (in the case of heavy rain).

Then when everything gets back to normal, make good as necessary and ring the BCO lady for inspection; very very nice lady. ?‍?

I would do exactly that. propping the poo pipe with bricks as ness to ensure fall.

Thats exactly what our local retired SE said as he watched me struggling to stack a load of slippery plastic pipes. He visits the site regularly ("Most over-engineered house I've ever seen"

He asked whether clay pipes are still available - since at his place there is a drainage problem. To my suprise you can still get them.

Clay breaks easier than plastic, and if you want really tough plastic pipe then there are products such as PolySewer that is reinforced.

@AnonymousBosch you probably need to do the bedding first, then just put a bucket of bedding over the top of each joint once you have set your levels