Delivery shortages

I wonder if anybody has any thoughts on this. 

We had a load of cedar cladding delivered to site, all looks nice however I think I’m short on the quantity that I’ve ordered, I’m wondering how to provide evidence that it’s short

i have counted every length twice, the wife has counted every length once, and we are short a dozen lengths which adds up to around £200 plus vat 

I’m wondering whether I should do a video of us counting it. 

We have sent e mails to the company but unfortunately it turned up just a couple of days before we all went into lockdown. 

If it ended up going into a legal dispute how do you provide evidence of what you have or haven’t got. 

Its a bit tricky as it’s only £200 but I have had words previously with the salesman from the company and I would rather chew my foot of then let them short change me. 

Go back to them on email to the transport department / accounts identifying that the delivery is short and asking for the additional items or credit. 

If it’s within 2-3 days then it should be fine. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PeterW said:

Go back to them on email to the transport department / accounts identifying that the delivery is short and asking for the additional items or credit. 

If it’s within 2-3 days then it should be fine. 

Have done this, but no reply as they have probably shut up shop, I’m just concerned that if I have to follow this up in 4-6-8 weeks then it’s going to be difficult, all I have is the evidence in front of me. 

Oh well something else to annoy me.