What is this?

Bad start to the day .. I woke up and it was already an hour later. ?

Anyhoo .. I have found this in my utility room, and I do not know what it is.

The unidentified item is the granular one in the margarine pot, which was in a pile with ‘tumble dryer sheets’, which save ironing (what’s ironing?), and washing machine internals cleaner. Obviously mum had it for something, but what?

Any ideas are welcome. I Have not got a clue. They are granules with a smooth surface, so not rough like say crumbs for feeding poultry. I wonder about something like slow release fertiliser, but I am not sure.

Ferdinand

DFAF9CBB-F5C9-4AD1-9925-CE428805B73E.thumb.jpeg.1ce7189a54a3bb205ed9930e839c55e6.jpeg

Edited by Ferdinand

I think I have this identified.

Not cat litter, though there was a cat but it has been pushing up bamboo for about 3 years now.

Talking to one of mum's flower arranging friends, it is something for drying out flowers they had when they did a Diploma years ago. It absorbs the moisture from a flower being dried.

So I can either use it for something else or throw it away now.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Ferdinand

9 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

I think I have this identified.

Not cat litter, though there was a cat but it has been pushing up bamboo for about 3 years now.

Talking to one of mum's flower arranging friends, it is something for drying out flowers they had when they did a Diploma years ago. It absorbs the moisture from a flower being dried.

So I can either use it for something else or throw it away now.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Ferdinand

will be good to throw on an oil  pill on concrete -then crush it --brush it later -oil all gone

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Moira Niedzwiecka said:

Why not take up flower arranging?

I have been for years.

Tuesday: "the teacher said we are doing a Greek theme, so I need a (Colossus of Rhodes / Trireme / Zither / Parthenon / model of Knossos / Minotaur / Wooden Horse / Reflecting Pool for Narcissus) by Thursday".

Anyhoo, I have reviewed the stuff, and a huge amount has now gone to the great flower arranging cupboard in mum's friends' houses.

Having said that, did this last week.

forsythia-1.jpg.094a7c7cc7bb3a026659369c2a4fc45b.jpg

forsythia-2.jpg.f7a2f2dd2e1553d61cc9574364ff7292.jpg

Edited by Ferdinand

2 hours ago, Moira Niedzwiecka said:

Wow, I am really impressed.

They are lovely.

Nice hobby.

Hope to do it myself once garden up & running. May take a while?

Garden.jpg

Thanks.

I'm gradually reshaping the Forsythia. As new branches come into flower they get chopped off :-).

F