Down she comes...

Conor

Fred Dibnah is up there looking down on you with a big smile on his face.

I fancy he's fondly remembering the times he used to get his missus to rag  that old Series 2 Landy's clutch while dropping another 100 foot chimney. Mind you he didn't use chains, he used to make his own rope out of Afghan Hounds hair sourced from the local Pooch Parlour. Still, he taught you the technique : get yer missus to do the dangerous stuff while you stand back with the camera. Top stuff! ☺️

He's proud of you son.

Whattcha gonna do as a encore, eh? 'Nuvver chimney nearby maybe?

28 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I thought this was going to be like the ones on you tube where someone tries to take a tree down like that, and the tree lands on the truck.

...or their next door neighbour's wall. Who was it on here did that?

I remember I think @Russell griffiths helped them sort it.

Edited by Onoff

52 minutes ago, AnonymousBosch said:

@Russell griffiths gets mad.... ?

You are correct 

i have found the things that hold up my progress are

1, overthinking

2, procrastination 

i find im more productive by just jumping in and figuring it out as I go along. 

I have spent nearly two days sitting on the sofa trying to get a good layout got our laundry/ boot room, sketching looking in magazines looking on websites, got a pounding headache from over thinking. 

Gone around the house and started using the old cardboard aided design and bingo got a good feel for it straight away. 

39 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

[...]

i find im more productive by just jumping in and figuring it out as I go along. 

[...]

Bingo.

Its what the professionals call Learning Style.

Learning Style is a bit like The Three Butts.

We all have one,

I can see yours,

You can see mine,

You cant see your own.

I once taught a group of Americans, and out of sheer mischief, decided I'd get their attention by using that little ditty. It worked well I seem to remember

11 hours ago, AnonymousBosch said:

Fred Dibnah is up there looking down on you with a big smile on his face.

I fancy he's fondly remembering the times he used to get his missus to rag  that old Series 2 Landy's clutch while dropping another 100 foot chimney. Mind you he didn't use chains, he used to make his own rope out of Afghan Hounds hair sourced from the local Pooch Parlour. Still, he taught you the technique : get yer missus to do the dangerous stuff while you stand back with the camera. Top stuff! ☺️

He's proud of you son.

Whattcha gonna do as a encore, eh? 'Nuvver chimney nearby maybe?

Loved Fred! Such passion for all things suity, rusty and steamy. 

That was chimney no.3 to come down. The best thing is the bricks are coming down pretty much undamaged and separated as the old lime mortar is so weak. Almost clean enough to stick straight on a pallet and sell.