Hmm, what to get on with…?

On 27/03/2020 at 12:06, Dreadnaught said:

The council, slow even before Covid-19, has basically now stopped altogether so my submission for discharging-of-planning-conditions has not even been validated after a week. And I don't have permission to start anything as some of the conditions were prior-to-commencement-style conditions.

You might be in luck - it appears they haven't completely stopped.   My planning permission was submitted on Feb13 (so before CV restrictions) but never got validated or appeared on the website - allegedly IT problems.  Then suddenly yesterday it appeared - with the "validated date" set as Feb13 and deadline for decision next week!

I'm not holding my breath for a decision as they haven't advertised it yet (and maybe can't?), but if you are just looking for discharge of conditions you might find the pipeline is now unblocked.

• Thanks 1

Getting on with my mower deck. These curved, internal shields are shot. I think these help direct the grass out the back. All I have is some 1mm steel sheet. I've cut some 70mm wide strip. Next to clean up and MIG on:

20200403_141946

20200403_154215

Well I have been doing some gardening (sort of!!!) but dumper refused to start so ended up stripping it right down, not sure it’s worth spending much money on a 60 year old machine.

3941996E-B7FB-439C-BFD8-62B3CE6F6C5D.jpeg

23 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Well I have been doing some gardening (sort of!!!) but dumper refused to start so ended up stripping it right down, not sure it’s worth spending much money on a 60 year old machine.

3941996E-B7FB-439C-BFD8-62B3CE6F6C5D.jpeg

What else are you going to do? ?

• Like 1

Spent today lining 8 big wooden planters with 1000g DPM. That was hard work, I’m shattered xD 

Just got to wait for the garden centre to reopen so I have something to put on them...

21 minutes ago, daiking said:

Spent today lining 8 big wooden planters with 1000g DPM. That was hard work, I’m shattered xD 

Just got to wait for the garden centre to reopen so I have something to put on them...

Don't you mean shuttered? 

1 hour ago, arg said:

You might be in luck - it appears they haven't completely stopped.   My planning permission was submitted on Feb13 (so before CV restrictions) but never got validated or appeared on the website - allegedly IT problems.  Then suddenly yesterday it appeared - with the "validated date" set as Feb13 and deadline for decision next week!

Thanks @arg. Fingers crossed. 

And in your case, if they let the decision deadline pass without you agreeing to extend, you might be able to reclaim your application fee. I did.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

@joe90 why don't you move it with front bucket probably fit more in than that dumper!

our ground is still a bit soft so the JCB is better in one place that’s hard and the dumper good for spot loading ready to be flattened later. UPDATE, dumper broke, won’t start, Little compression, never been to bits (60 years old) guess what o am doing today? ?

6 hours ago, joe90 said:

UPDATE, dumper broke, won’t start, Little compression, never been to bits (60 years old) guess what o am doing today? ?

Does it involve a box of matches and an insurance claim form??

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

Thats a good bit of fall you have, wish I had some more fall, mine as looking very flat

you will have a proper ??⛷⛷?

Yes, it's a big help to have a slope on site: my back's really sore though.

Big ahhhhhhhhhh  for the overprivileged then............?

1 hour ago, Roundtuit said:

UPDATE, dumper broke, won’t start, Little compression, never been to bits (60 years old) guess what o am doing today

If you have not taken head off yet and have access to compressed air and can make upan adaptor to feedi ncompressed air through and injector hole 

then get cengfine ontdc with vlaves shut on cylinder you are testing -put it ingear and block wheels .appl y90psi and listen to see where its going --up the inlet manifold ,out the exexhaust or icoming out if oil breahter .

by doig this you will know what you need before you strip it

looking ta istripped your bound to see things that are worn ,but they maybe are not your problem .this way you know where yuor comp is going .

if you can borrow a proper cylinder leakage tester ,then unless its over 20% leakage it will be fine once its going -

perfect engine will be around 4%

could be simple as a vlave stuck open 

Edited by scottishjohn
  • Like 1

Was the dumper burning much oil?  Watch out for worn bores and rings and that "engine killer" the diesel engine running away burning lubrication oil.  Usually only stops when it self destructs.  If that happens the best advice is run.

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

and that "engine killer" the diesel engine running away burning lubrication oil.  Usually only stops when it self destructs.  If that happens the best advice is run.

My Renault did that when the turbo oil seals went.

Scared the shit out of the lad in the garage.

Thanks guys, spent the day stripping it down, valves ok, bore etc ok, so took the injector out (don’t think it’s been out since new) and tested it and that works just fine (that surprised me!). Got blisters on my hand so don’t fancy cranking it again tonight ?, still feels low on compression, @scottishjohn will try that tomorrow. 

edit, just remembered, when I measured the rings in the bore there was about a 3mm gap but docs on the tinternet says should be about 14thou ?.?.?.. other measurements were not bad for 60+ years wear.

answers on a postcard to ..........

Edited by joe90