Suspicious minds

So I'm current renovating out bedroom, we moved in a few months ago. I noticed on one of the window recess top had been nailed hardboard. Well that has to go I thought, I didn't think the would be a big gapping hole behind it! Put my hand up and about ten stones came out about the size of ya hand.

90620871_2544168982577682_5997231743583649792_n.jpg

Funny I used to armchair support WBA when I was at School my chums all had Chelsea, Fulham, Leeds (this was in the days before Man U was a thing.) So I chose a team with an odd name - then I went there and I found out why it has an odd name.

PS great view.

1 hour ago, Delicatedave said:

So I'm current renovating out bedroom, we moved in a few months ago. I noticed on one of the window recess top had been nailed hardboard. Well that has to go I thought, I didn't think the would be a big gapping hole behind it! Put my hand up and about ten stones came out about the size of ya hand.

90620871_2544168982577682_5997231743583649792_n.jpg

looks like a bit of 8x2 as a lintel - what is that supporting ..??

I think what you think are wormworm holes is a wood fibre board that's been plastered over. Above is the loft, the window is only about 600mm wide and the walls either side are about 2ft thick stone. Realisticly it's supporting nothing as nothing would fall down. I suspect it's been there for 15 years as is.

What I've now done is water proof the external wall with some flashing roll I had then back filled the whole with the stones and mortar after creating a sort of cage out of wood, then put some more flashing tape accross and screwed some plasterboard over the lot. The inside of that wall and another is being battened, insulated, boarded and skimmed.