Delay the TF

Bit of a dilemma of the should I/shouldn't I variety!

Concrete due this Saturday, TF due to go up on 6th of April.  I'm concerned that if by some miracle I get the frame up everything then shuts down and I cant get the blockwork or roof or windows done, leaving a skeleton TF exposed to the elements for a yet to be determined timeframe.

This concerns me and I'm arguing with myself whether I should call it quits if I manage to get the concrete done and wait this mess out.

Second opinions would be appreciated and will hopefully clear up my thoughts.

My heart wants to crack on, my head says tread carefully.

If you get the frame up and it all turns to ratshit just buy a big roll of dpm and a bundle of roof batten you can wrap it all up. 

I would be more ore concerned with your scaffolding, do you have an open contract or will you be paying by the month. 

That could get really painful. 

I’ve four cube going to a small job on Thursday 

Supplier has asked me to call Weds evening I’m hoping to keep going till the end of this week 

It’s looking like most building work will be stoped by then 

I would wait three months before starting 

23 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

If you get the frame up and it all turns to ratshit just buy a big roll of dpm and a bundle of roof batten you can wrap it all up. 

I would be more ore concerned with your scaffolding, do you have an open contract or will you be paying by the month. 

That could get really painful. 

Scaffolding - that's the other concern. My quotes at the minute are for 12wks then a weekly charge.  No way I want to keep paying for a scaff that ain't getting used so that will be another thing which affects the decision. 

One part of me thinks if I'm off work and the house is up I can get stuff done - but then I wont be able to get materials?‍♂️ 

I'm considering calling it quits at concrete until the dust settles?

Will the timber frame company keep your materials stored for free or will they be looking it out the door so they can collect some much needed funds.

If it was me I would put the concrete in and wait. 

But if it comes to it and the TF company want it out the door im sure the scaffolding guy would be up for a bit of negotiation. 

2 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Will the timber frame company keep your materials stored for free or will they be looking it out the door so they can collect some much needed funds.

If it was me I would put the concrete in and wait. 

But if it comes to it and the TF company want it out the door im sure the scaffolding guy would be up for a bit of negotiation. 

This is an absolute mare! I cant see how the TF company have any more say in this than me - I reckon it's the government who will be calling a stop to everything?‍♂️

Cant see how the TF company can bill me to store summat they cant even move anyway?

One thing I would add is 

Be very careful with deposits 

There’s going to be some great offers over the coming weeks 

but many of these company’s may not be around in six months time 

15 minutes ago, LA3222 said:

Scaffolding - that's the other concern. My quotes at the minute are for 12wks then a weekly charge.  No way I want to keep paying for a scaff that ain't getting used so that will be another thing which affects the decision. 

I got a 2.5% weekly overrun rate on my scaffolding. With the threat of regular sites closing you could try for a much better overrun deal.

1 minute ago, epsilonGreedy said:

I got a 2.5% weekly overrun rate on my scaffolding. With the threat of regular sites closing you could try for a much better overrun deal.

I did ponder that they may be more amenable to dropping the overrun price - think its 9% at the minute which would cost me a fortune.