Anthracite

13 minutes ago, pocster said:

I always thought this was a dark blackish colour . I ordered a bathroom vanity unit ages ago and just opened it .

Box says anthracite - unit looks ‘grey’ - is this right ???

EB8A9D27-D05B-45AA-960A-7F35142AB7A8.jpeg

I'd say yes. Anthracite is an "in" colour, so lots of things are specified as Anthracite now and it looks right to me from what I see.

Google RAL 7016 - Anthracite Grey

I'd say your cabinet is damn near RAL 7016.

Edited by Carrerahill

We had similar issue in our WC which also needed to meet part m.

Took ages to find a basin that was big enough to wash big hands but not too deep front to back to allow the required gap between basin and opposite wall. Ended up using wall mounted taps and spout which we now like a lot.

• Like 1

How much can I move right ?

Can I go right to the edge of the geberit frame ?

My next problem now is recessed mirror requires cutting out that vertical timber the frame is attached to . How do I cut it vertically off but still have the frame supported strongly ?

E73B1464-55E8-4821-B330-18E0BC243EC7.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

I have found that some RAL colours seem to have a huge variation.

True RAL should be RAL - a lot of manufacturers list a RAL colour but state it is not actually a RAL colour - it's just a close equivalent. 

Commercially within buildings colours are matched on all sorts of items all the time and although we come across the odd mismatch its usually about bang on - I am confident the RAL system at a commercial level is very accurate. 

RAL powdercoat and wet finish systems need careful mixing to get a good match between the two systems. 

• Thanks 1

The limit is probably the edge of the WC seat and the width of your a...e if that's wider :-)

I'd be tempted to build a false wall to provide enough depth to move the pan to the right.

5 minutes ago, Temp said:

The limit is probably the edge of the WC seat and the width of your a...e if that's wider ?

I'd be tempted to build a false wall to provide enough depth to move the pan to the right.

Skinny asses !

Not sure what you mean .

That rear wall is a false wall . Too the right of the WC will be a shower enclosure .

I need to shift the sink 25mm to the right .

Wall unit is 55cm wide . Those upright edge to edge are exactly 55cm apart .

So with tile backer , adhesive , tile I need to gain 25mm 

So sink would be about 10mm over the geberit frame ...

3 minutes ago, pocster said:

I need to shift the sink 25mm to the right .

Wall unit is 55cm wide . Those upright edge to edge are exactly 55cm apart .

So with tile backer , adhesive , tile I need to gain 25mm 

So sink would be about 10mm over the geberit frame ...

Make sure that you don't end up with any impossible to clean gaps.  Either butt stuff together and mastic the gap or leave enough room to get something in to clean.

• Like 2

Just now, Mr Punter said:

Make sure that you don't end up with any impossible to clean gaps.  Either butt stuff together and mastic the gap or leave enough room to get something in to clean.

The sink to the left would have a 10mm gap . Moving it right just to centre the mirrored wall unit . Can’t have wall unit off centre to the sink 

10 minutes ago, Temp said:

That looks ok to me.

I didn't realise there was a shower to the right.

Appreciated. It’s reassuring when someone says it’s ok . I pretended to attempt to sit on the loo - and it’s seemed ok . No good for @Onoff mind - lardy arse .

4 hours ago, pocster said:

I always thought this was a dark blackish colour . I ordered a bathroom vanity unit ages ago and just opened it .

Box says anthracite - unit looks ‘grey’ - is this right ???

EB8A9D27-D05B-45AA-960A-7F35142AB7A8.jpeg

You will get the same with Ceramic tile Anthracite 

Code for dark grey 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Appreciated. It’s reassuring when someone says it’s ok . I pretended to attempt to sit on the loo - and it’s seemed ok . No good for @Onoff mind - lardy arse .

I'm just big boned!

If you don't bother with a shower screen your layout could come in well handy when you've got food poisoning. Just projectile vomit into the shower tray whilst sitting on the bog!

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

If you don't bother with a shower screen your layout could come in well handy when you've got food poisoning. Just projectile vomit into the shower tray whilst sitting on the bog!

Had a girlfriend that was a nurse, she did it the other way around.  Not long after I had retiled her bathroom.

Dirty girl.

3 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Had a girlfriend that was a nurse, she did it the other way around.  Not long after I had retiled her bathroom.

Dirty girl.

It's you, nothing surprises me! ?