Planning & COVID-19: What is your Council doing?

Ferdinand

Just spoke to my Council.

They are planning to continue to run services, potentially with a reduced staff if employees are affected, but with no public access to the offices.

Very rational to keep going as nearly as possible.

I am thinking about doing an Change of Use app that needs to be done during my period in isolation.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

this is interesting as our decision date is fast approaching and I was thinking that coronavirus is a great excuse for the planning department to ask for an extension. I might ask the architect to speak to them to get a feel as to how they're running things at the moment.

despite how frustrating a delay would be, I would fully understand it (and honestly am fully expecting it!) as I'm not completely without a heart.

Edinburgh Council say that they will be in recess from March 20th to April 27th.

My parents' house was supposed to be up for the April 22nd committee meeting, it isn't clear if that is happening or not, I wouldn't have thought so.

I am not sure why they cannot do committee meetings by conference call. I am working from home as of last Friday, we have meetings every day, we just aren't in the same room.

Clearly this is sudden and unexpected, but if it lasts longer than 1-2 months they need to find ways to keep normal life going. The more things that can work as normal the better for the economy and for everyone's job out the other side of this.

Edited by AliG

Yesterday I spoke to the planning officer  that is dealing with my app and he was working from home. Looks to be business as usual although I can see it slowing things down due to being out of office. We were hoping to get started asap and watertight before winter but I don't think either will happen now.