Floor sockets

I’m thinking I will need a couple of floor mounted sockets in the front room, has anybody got good ideas for the actual face plate as well as the type of back box that was installed, these will be going in a screeded floor. 

Would idealy like sockets that have USB ports on them if they exist. 

Cheers. 

Floor sockets come in 2 basic sorts.

These, https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FP9UPCW.html that fit a standard back box. but don't seem to be available with USB and are a trip hazard in use.

Or these https://www.screwfix.com/p/schneider-electric-standard-3-compartment-floorbox/67628  which ar used a lot in offices. They are much larger and need to be set in the floor, but you can put anything in there and then shut the lid with stuff plugged in and just the flexes emerging.  They are usually intended to have carpet inset into the lid so may not work well if you don't want a carpeted room.

• Thanks 1

Google found..

https://cableductuk.com/700series.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwpLfzBRCRARIsAHuj6qUTH6BdbeW5nGHVzZkM3BUnj4kD9oj_oCCIZok8hdaCzextaqjpfcMaAvFBEALw_wcB

700 SERIES

Available in stainless steel, brass or bronze. Made with solid cast outlet flaps and handle. It can accept an infill of any thickness, be it stone, marble, timber, ceramic or carpet. Suitable for cavity or screed floors of 65mm or more

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
On 15/03/2020 at 20:35, Temp said:

My electrician recommended this company. Had a look at the minima trimless range. Very nice, and you can even survive the thickness of the lid so that you can fit whatever floor finish you are doing in the rest of the room into it. Only problem: £££££

When I got the quote I thought there must have been a mistake. No mistake.

39 minutes ago, Adsibob said:

My electrician recommended this company. Had a look at the minima trimless range. Very nice, and you can even survive the thickness of the lid so that you can fit whatever floor finish you are doing in the rest of the room into it. Only problem: £££££

When I got the quote I thought there must have been a mistake. No mistake.

How much were you quoted?

On 09/06/2021 at 10:02, Russell griffiths said:

Didn’t bother, have just filled the holes in and running a longer lead on the table lamp, we felt that if we ever moved the furniture we would be left with this socket in the floor, so decided against them. 

I bottled it. The thought of cutting a hole in the flooring was too much of a risk.

15 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

How much were you quoted?

For a box that fits 3 x double sockets (i.e. 6 sockets in total) not including the actual sockets, was £205 plus VAT for their "cheap" range and £330 plus VAT for their "nicer" range.  To this you need to add about £60 for the sockets plus delivery which was about £25.

They bespoke make the lid so it is exactly the right depth to have the tile or engineered floor finish glued on so that it is completely flush with the floor, that is the main advantage of this company as far as I can tell, just a very expensive way of achieving this. Surprised there isn't a cheaper alternative that can do the same thing.

• Thanks 1