Trying to find a decent range of Compact Laminate worktops

ProDave

For our bathroom en-suite.

These are the compact laminates that are about 12.5mm overall thickness with a solid (plastic) core i.e. not a timber core.

Howdens do them, in 2 colours variations on grey stone.

Magnet do a few more colours but mostly emulating some form of stone.

WE don't want stone.  SWMBO would like blue.  Does anyone know where I might get a compact laminate worktop that is not pretend stone and might be vaguely blue in colour?

43 minutes ago, vivienz said:

Worktop Express have a nice range.

Yes they have a few that might do (no blue ones though)  I will probably order a sample pack.

I sent them a terse email because their website makes it impossible to find the delivery cost unless I enter ALL my details and register with their site which I only want to do if the delivery cost is reasonable.  Why can't they just give you a delivery cost from your postcode? (rant over)

42 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

@ProDave I'm looking for the same thing but ideally around 20mm. Have you seen anything in your searches?

Zenith is one you could try although thinner than I would like at 12.5mm. Imagine they have good selection of colours

Rearo have a few at 16mm thick that may suit you but not many, and they are twice the price of Worktop Express.

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Worktop Express have (in effect) told me to bugger off.  £286 delivery for a £255 worktop.

Hell I could drive to Glasgow and fetch it myself for considerably less.

How the hell do they sell anything, with those delivery prices.

2 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

How the hell do they sell anything, with those delivery prices.

It's the old "remote delivery" thing we constantly battle here.  Most places they only charge £25 but out postcode area is not listed and "contact us for a delivery price"

• Like 1

Heck they are really trying to put me off buying a worktop.  I can collect it from their Glasgow showroom, but I must bring an assistant with me to load it, they won't be able to help.

Another thought.  any forum members i postcode areas AB or PH 1-26 (as close to Inverness as possible) who's address I could borrow? I could get it delivered there for £25 and then collect it.

4 minutes ago, Cpd said:

I have friends just outside Aviemore that I expect would be happy to take a delivery if I asked them ? 

That would work and is probably as close as you can get to here and not be in an IV postcode.

Do they have a garage it could be unloaded into and stored for a few days until I can collect it?

Making more progress.  Wickes stock some of the Zenith range including one that we like. they are a bit more expensive than worktop express but remarkably state free delivery.

Well they don't stock it in store but you can order from their website with delivery from the supplier in 14 days.

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Do they have a garage it could be unloaded into and stored for a few days until I can collect it?

Yes there is a big covered over lean to out back that should work.