frameless glass balustrade for juliet balconies

kaye

any one got any recommendations for sensibly priced frameless glass balustrades for juliet balconies? I am needing to provide the fixings for my timber frame design and haven't a scooby on the best companies so I can gain the technical info. I was hoping to put off this decision for a while and unsure if the fixings are fairly standard across suppliers or specific? 

On 10/03/2020 at 22:37, kaye said:

any one got any recommendations for sensibly priced frameless glass balustrades for juliet balconies? I am needing to provide the fixings for my timber frame design and haven't a scooby on the best companies so I can gain the technical info. I was hoping to put off this decision for a while and unsure if the fixings are fairly standard across suppliers or specific? 

My staircase manufacturer said he uses Tuff x and told me to try them 

I recommended Elite on the original thread - just to say they ceased trading last year but look to have emerged pheonix like from the ashes as a supply only company.?

I was more or less done and their work was decent but one piece of external glass was not correct - was able to claim back from the credit card firm and planning to get it sorted at some stage.

The independent fitter they used was great and was left high and dry when they folded. I'm using him to do the replacement work - he's based up north but travels length and breadth of UK.

When we designed the house, I made no allowance for the balconies so needed to go for a system that used an aluminium deck on top of the GRP roof with the glass attached to that.

I'd expect that if you provide a generous area of load bearing brick / timber in the area where the balcony will be fitted, you'll be fine.