VCL around window reveals tips

BMcN

Evening, started doing the VCL and I am looking for some tips on the best way to do the windows.

Method one I tried was to cut a piece the same size as each reveal, then tape it to the frame, then cut the wall VCL to the opening size and join the two with tape.

Method two was to cut corners at 45degrees and flap in, then try and tape to the window frame.  This is pretty tricky with the tape.

Method three that I was thinking to try is to first tape the window frame to the PIR insulation on the reveals, then I can be less precise with cutting the VCL at 45 and tape it to the first tape. 

VCL is Protect Barriair and tape it Tescon Vana.

Yeah that isnt cheap stuff!  I was lightly scoring the backing paper and taking some off so I could put it on split.  

I have had another idea, how about if I get some 150mm wide tape and don't bother extending the VCL paper into the reveals at all, I just tape the whole thing?

I used Air Stop window tape with the pre scored backing so you peel the backing off the thin strip, stick the tape to the window, then position the VCL and peel off the larger section of backing.

It helps to use a tiny bit of tape to tack the two ends to hold them still so it all stays put when applying the main strip of tape.  Saves you needing 4 hands.

2 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I used Air Stop window tape with the pre scored backing so you peel the backing off the thin strip, stick the tape to the window, then position the VCL and peel off the larger section of backing.

It helps to use a tiny bit of tape to tack the two ends to hold them still so it all stays put when applying the main strip of tape.  Saves you needing 4 hands.

Thanks, did you go for the cut an X out of opening and patch in corners or did you cut a section approx the size of the reveal?

Just looking some advice, traditional block build and my windows are in with spayed foam around perimeter to seal air gaps. My worry is some are not sealed well enough, and I'd like to add tape. What's the best tape to stick to window and masonry block?