Fixing soil pipe brackets: bit stumped ....

ToughButterCup

Have a look at this ....

20200310_104218.thumb.jpg.36d4ba010a0cfcb206516155b2a320f1.jpg

The down-spout (?) is too close to the top chord of the POSI to fix the clip properly. And if there's  one thing that YooChube has taught me, its that the fixings for the soil pipe need to be pucca.

Should I;

• pack out the gap between the pipe and the clip and fasten,
  • put a noggin between the top chords of the adjacent POSIs and fix the pipe clip to that,
  • enlarge the hole in the ceiling (floor above) and move the pipe 50mm or so such that the clip can be fixed (won't be seen in the bathroom above)

Where's @Onoff when you need him?

52 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Pack between pipe and joist face and/or fitting and joist face and use some builders band screwed to the joist.

+1 to this. 

If you’ve got the plastic coated builders band then all the better 

2 hours ago, JFDIY said:

Put a noggin between the joist and turn clip sideways from current position to fix to it

Thought of that: there's not enough space between the pipe and the joist to reach the clip hole.....

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Pack between pipe and joist face and/or fitting and joist face and use some builders band screwed to the joist.

32 minutes ago, PeterW said:

[...] the plastic coated builders band then all the better 

Builders' band eh? Looks like very useful stuff. Never seen it before - looked at it, but not seen it, if you know what I mean.

I suspect I should keep some in stock then. Recommendations - sizes , types? Any German manufacturers to avoid? ( ?)

Thanks lads. 'Nother hole you've dug me out of.... Ta!

Managed to cut and fit a noggin in between the metal joists and to screw the clip to that.

Really pleased because having bent and crooked hands actually helped! It's an ill wind and all that ...

20200310_153841.thumb.jpg.cbcbd56a6fdd56a34b286c50963154d9.jpg

Just because I can, I'll fit some builders band tomorrow when it arrives. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1