Drawings ready for the pre planning.*UPDATED*

Mike_scotland

Hi Red,

That is something my wife fancy's, just the thought of being up stairs and coming all the way down and needing to go around the whole house to get into the garage. 

good observation though we have discussed this ourself and its still a possibility we can cut the extra door.

43 minutes ago, Mike_scotland said:

Hi Nod,

8? is that considered alot? its a 1.5 so have to have rooflights for windows,whats the alternative dormers?

Mike

Roof lights all day long

Great design 

1 hour ago, Mike_scotland said:

That is something my wife fancy's, just the thought of being up stairs and coming all the way down and needing to go around the whole house to get into the garage. 

Depends what you are going to keep in that garage.  I would start imagining walking round the whole house and see if it works for you for your everyday life. 

I spent ages thinking about how I wanted to "flow" around the house, doing the day to day stuff I do, and I am delighted now it is built as it works just as I expected.  

One observation: The utility looks narrow for a pulley maid.  Ours is fairly narrow (1.1m from edge of worktop to wall) and there is only just enough space to lower it and stand alongside to hang the laundry.  Works well but I would say our dimension is a minimum.  How does yours stack up for width?

A few things to consider:

Ground floor:

Not convinced by the wood burning stove. Having one side (the back?) opening into the dining area, rather than the living area, isn't ideal - there won't be much to see from one of the sides, unless you're splashing out on an architectural or double-sided stove. You also seem to have a door into the snug, but can't shut off the space as the stove area connects the snug with the dining room.  The location of the log store implies that the stove will be fed from the dining area, rather than from the snug - whereas I would guess the stove may be facing the snug? And Do you really want that many logs stored, below what I presume would be the 'TV wall'?

I'm not convinced that the larder would give as much space as you might be imagining, by the time you've allowed access space within it. Would it be better to have another full height 2 kitchen cupboards, plus a separate smaller store below the stairs?

You need a minimum 100mm step up from the garage to the house, for fire protection.

I'd hang the utility-garage door to open against the blank wall, rather than blocking the cupboards.

1st floor:

I'd add a 3rd door to the middle bedroom wardrobe, so the full width can be easily accessed.

Open up the space fully between the staircase and the lightwell / void? Including, perhaps, getting rid of the store.

Adequate sound-proofing between the family bathroom and the guest bedroom?

Edited by Mike