rationel windows

gravelrash

Rationel is usually competitive, I think if you go back to Rationel itself, rather than the agent you got the quote from, and ask them pass you on to another agent so you can get another quote. Or just send your spec to an Internorm or Gaulhofer and see how it compares with their equivalents.

That does sound a lot for 3 windows and 3 large door sets.  My guess is the doors are the expensive bit.

I paid about £8K a few years ago for one French door pair, two single doors, and 10 windows of varying sizes.

The first price given was not their "best price"

We have 71m2 of windows (including two 2.8m x 2.4m sliders) and 8m2 of entrance doors on order currently from Rationel (through a local dealer). 

Including installation and cills we are paying £380 / m2. Cills were about £1,500 from memory and although the current dealer hasn't split it out, from a quote from an earlier Rationel dealer (who went bust) the installation was about £5,000. So without installation and cills we'd pay about £300 / m2 supply only. 

Yours seem very expensive @ £760 / m2 supply only. 

Haven’t quite worked out cost per meter however we purchased these for 30k installed. Aluminium clad. Not sure if price is good or not! Scared to look. ?

066D94B8-E3FE-4784-A9DF-C05137B8ECC4.jpeg

21 hours ago, gravelrash said:

windows aura plus in grey no sills or fitting.see attached pdf

That's interesting I was told by our agent that sure Rationel did not make bi-folds.

All in we're about £380 per sqm for Auraplus triple that includes some large panes with angled cuts and two sets of 4830 x 2100 sliders.

10 hours ago, Ralph said:

That's interesting I was told by our agent that sure Rationel did not make bi-folds

@Ralph I suspect you're correct.  We've got Rationel windows and doors (will dig out the £/m2 when I get chance) but our agent advised an alternative to Rationel bi-folds as they were 're-badged' from a different manufacturer, so we've got Solarlux bi-folds.