Time lapse camera

PGC

Hello. My wife and I are currently going through the legal process of buying our plot in South Lanarkshire, Scotland. Our offer has been accepted, so effectively the plot is ours. We have a local architect who has designed the house around our requirements, planning permission has been applied for and the planning department have not queried anything to do with the deign, only the landscaping, so we're hopeful of starting the build itself in the near future. All very exciting stuff and the fulfilment of a long held dream for us both.

One question; we'd like to get a pole on which we can mount a time lapse camera to record the build. Has anyone done this? If so, what camera did you use? How did you download images? How did you power the camera? Would you do the same again?  If not,what would you do differently? 

Thanks 

We're shortly expecting to start our build, and would like to get a time lapse camera on a pole to record the build. Has anyone done this? If so, what camera did you use, and would you use it again? How did you download the images? How did you power the camera?  If you were doing the same again, is there anything you would change from the way you did it before?

Thanks

Welcome.

I fitted an aluminium pole (a 5m length of 2" diameter, 14g aluminium tube) in the corner of our plot and fitted a timelapse camera on the top.  It worked well, but my choice of camera wasn't great, so the resulting video wasn't that good.  This was back in 2013 though, and there are better cameras around.  The Brinno seems to give very much better results than the cheaper one I used.

I arranged the mounting on the pole with a hinge at the base, so I could lower it to change the batteries in the camera and swap out the SD card.  I still have the pole around the back of our garage and could dig it out and take some photos if that may help with ideas.