Ecology solicitor

Taff

Keep in mind that solicitors’ rates will vary depending on the value of the transaction. You might think it’s the same amount of work, but being negligent on a £100k mortgage transaction and being negligent on a £1M mortgage transaction are very different beasts. Often solicitors will pass on their insurance costs by  making an element of their fee dependent on value.

15 hours ago, TimboM said:

Would it be at all possible to message me the details of your solicitor too please? I am in the same boat. Being quoted £1200 to unlock the first tranche of lending by my solicitor. It just seems way too high and I can't see m to find anyone else who is able to do it at the moment. My lender is Loughborough BS. Many thanks, T

Done:-)

• 1 month later...

I've just got a quote for £2650+vat from a conveyancing solicitor to transfer mortgage & four staged payments!

I'm not going Ecology but with Saffron BS, I need some more quotes! @Andy brown Please can you message your solicitors details?

Thank you ?

Edited by freshy

• 9 months later...

I know it's been a while since this thread has been inactive, but I'm in the same boat - @Andy brown is there any chance you were still able to pass my your solicitors details?

And indeed anyone else who can recommend a reasonably priced solicitor experienced with Development Finance loans would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi @marsh3377 and @Andy brown - I'm new to this forum but have arrived specifically because of being in the same situation as this discussion thread and am looking for a recommended solicitor for a self build mortgage with Ecology Building Society. I would really appreciate it if you were able to share any details with me to help.

Thanks

Pablo