Brinno Camera Advice

The diggers have finally rolled onto site today to start clearing and making a road. They are actually a week or so early so I've not sorted out the Brinno TLC200 I've been given to do a time lapse of the build. 

I'm assuming it's filming for 8-10 hours per day but I'm not sure of the best Capture Interval and Playback Rate to set. Anyone got any advise?

Thanks

Ralph

We will look at what ours is when we are on site tomorrow.  Have a look on the blog to see if its the speed you want. We use Energiser  Ultimate Lithium Batteries  which do seem to last longer. 

One of our  SD cards was a wireless one and used a lot more batteries - we now have a mains connection though.

13 minutes ago, Red Kite said:

[...] We edit the footage to take out when the guys are not on site [...]

A very very good idea indeed: although over the longer term it's a thankless task.

Evidence from a series of time lapse images on our site stopped a ridiculous claim for payment dead in its tracks. The images clearly showed an employee engaged in criminal behaviour causing several thousand pounds worth of damage and very significant delay. 

Here's the relevant advice about use of security cameras on site.  Briefly, tell folk you are taking photos. If things go pear shaped, you could be asked to surrender the images if you get a  Subject Access Request.

Here's the detail of how it helped us.