Stand pipes

Pocster

I’ve got these nice stand pipes for the free standing bath taps . Due to bathroom re arrangements I can’t take the pipe feeds through the floor because of ufh .

I *could* chop out the screed - find the ufh and drill holes for the pipes through that - but that might be asking for trouble !!! 

5FCDF437-1F94-4A35-92C9-5738CFC94FF0.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Sell 'em? Might sweeten the deal on the walk on glass. 

What and mount the taps in the floor ?

I’ve been coughing today and I read Corona virus was caused by 5g and can spread through online forums ...

• 4 weeks later...

Looked at this today .

ummmm ‘d and ahhhhhh ‘d

Don’t feel brave enough to break the screed avoiding ufh to get pipe work through - feels like a suicide mission .

As the stand pipes are largely not visible with a bath in front - will just build a box so water pipes can enter from the back and never break through the floor .

1881DDDD-17E1-4441-934B-1B6B940567E0.jpeg

41 minutes ago, ProDave said:

How about a wall mounted bath filler rather than floor standing?

Yeah . It’s just I’ve bought the stand pipes and taps . I assume standard taps can’t be converted to wall mount ?

15 minutes ago, pocster said:

Yeah . It’s just I’ve bought the stand pipes and taps . I assume standard taps can’t be converted to wall mount ?

In the same way that a barstool can be converted into a shower seat. It can be done, but requires some application and a major degree of bloodymindedness.

Your adventures are just beginning.

I bought taps designed for those basin-on-top washbowls, which turned out to look like Peter Crouch in a crowd of gymnasts when installed on a normal washbasin, and had to be put in storage for the next 3 kitchens I do.

F

Edited by Ferdinand

26 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

In the same way that a barstool can be converted into a shower seat. It can be done, but requires some application and a major degree of bloodymindedness.

Your adventures are just beginning.

I bought taps designed for those basin-on-top washbowls, which turned out to look like Peter Crouch in a crowd of gymnasts when installed on a normal washbasin, and had to be put in storage for the next 3 kitchens I do.

F

Think ‘box’ on the floor behind the bath is the solution . These are nice roper Rhodes taps - so not for a rental !! ?

• 3 weeks later...

This is what I recognise as a floor standing bath filler. 

bathroom_4.thumb.jpg.fb03e3dd51a34233c09914f5835fe87f.jpg

It screws to the floor with 2 flexi tails emerging from the bottom that are connected below.  That would work with your little raised platform.

You can't cut it to length, it is the length is is.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

This is what I recognise as a floor standing bath filler. 

bathroom_4.thumb.jpg.fb03e3dd51a34233c09914f5835fe87f.jpg

It screws to the floor with 2 flexi tails emerging from the bottom that are connected below.  That would work with your little raised platform.

You can't cut it to length, it is the length is is.

Yep I’m sure I’ve got the wrong tap set as there’s no flexi hoses or any way of connecting