Hello Forum, and many thanks for earlier heat loss discussion and use of Jeremy's spreadsheet during the design stage. ASHP was installed last summer and I can report to be 'snugly and smugly' satisfied so far. A few aspects of the installation did not follow the plan, but the result is very acceptable.

For now, I would like to ask assistance to find an installer for MMSP (recommended by Offgem). I was surprised my ASHP contractor would not install MMSP, that Daiken (supplier of the heat pump) could not provide me with an approved alternative, and neither Ofgem nor MCS carry a register of MMSP installers. 

Although I am subjectively satisfied, I would like to have the performance objectively measured and monitored.

Thanks,

Hugh

Does the Daiken not have an onboard meter for performance? I think most MCS installers haven't bothered with MMSPs as there are paperwork and other obligations that come with them that make them not worth their while bothering with. 

11 hours ago, newhome said:

Does the Daiken not have an onboard meter for performance? I think most MCS installers haven't bothered with MMSPs as there are paperwork and other obligations that come with them that make them not worth their while bothering with. 

Yes, the Daiken has an energy meter that shows the kWh used, but I expect Ofgem have set up MMSP for a lot more than that. Offgem pay out a lot of money in RHI and would obviously like to know what performance is being achieved by the various different installations. Maybe the industry does not want that - I dont know, but my interests are with Offgem's. I dont know the detailed information I might get from MMSP, but I want to try it and cant find an installer.

2 hours ago, kla456 said:

but I want to try it and cant find an installer.

I think the industry has largely rejected installing these and Ofgem don’t ensure that there are installers available so you may struggle. 

18 minutes ago, newhome said:

I think the industry has largely rejected installing these and Ofgem don’t ensure that there are installers available so you may struggle. 

Looks like that, or something like that. Do you know anyone who installed MMSP? Either from the trade or as a homeowner? I really want to know more whats involved and what type of reports are delivered. Ofgem encourage MMSP and will pay an extra bit of RHI if you install it.

I would not be surprised if Daiken (and other heat pump manufacturers) connect to the installation and monitor performance for their own information - but not to providing me with reports, especially if performance is not great and the reports might be used against them.