Puff's Place

Puff

Hello all, just introducing myself.

I'm in the process of undertaking a barn conversion in rural Wales. Adding a small end extension to the barn part and the other end as a garage. One of the remaining walls is collapsing, so will be renewing that and replacing current tin roof with reclaimed slate. Desire is to make this place highly insulated and as enviro friendly as poss (GSHP/solar etc). I'll be trying to do most everything bar brickwork or at least giving it my best effort as budget is minimal. If nothing else I will make a great labourer/slave/biatch :)

Already finding value in this forum as I didn't knowI could reclaim VAT

• Like 1

West Wales at 1000ft mark and it can be windy, rainy, sunny all at the same time. Yesterday bright sunshine, boiled the kettle and looked out, heavy snow, drank tea and it was bright sun again!

39 minutes ago, Puff said:

West Wales at 1000ft mark and it can be windy, rainy, sunny all at the same time. Yesterday bright sunshine, boiled the kettle and looked out, heavy snow, drank tea and it was bright sun again!

Welcome to the Forum.

We call that a "20 minute day"  If you don't like the weather wait 20 minutes.  Or if it's not raining now, it will be in 20 minutes.

10 minutes ago, Tennentslager said:

Welcome Puff the magic...

You've done it now ... we are going to have to have an explanation.

I've just been listening to Peter, Paul and Mary (as opposed to Mary, Mungo and Midge) explaining why it has nothing to do with .. er .. weed.

Edited by Ferdinand

An explanation for the nickname ? .

I'm punting for a Hookah pipe in the @Puff kitchen.

Regrettably I am old enough to know all about Magic Dragons, though I still have to pinch myself to think of "sealing wax" not "ceiling wax", having internalised the song whilst very young and never having met seals on letters. Presumably other people things of seals as in grey seals when they hear it.

Apropos of Puff the Magic Dragon, I see he made today's Google Doodle.

image.png.314acdc8c77de028722f8faf37a256af.png

Edited by Ferdinand

Wow - so much interest but such a boring story.

20 years ago I featured in a magazine article for Revs - "Subaru vs Cosworths". It was P'ing down and they posted a picture of my green Subaru Impreza Wagon with the heading "Puff the Magic Wagon lives in the sea, tra la la...". After that and in order to wind the Ford owners up, I put Puff The Magic Wagon on my windscreen for RS day in Silverstone and since then been known as Puff to many people.

Even had a comic art version done...

1389.jpg

• 2 weeks later...